GD Busker's 2005 GD

Busker

So about 2 weeks ago my wife and I decided to get ourselves our second STI. This time instead of buying new like we did last time, it would be used. I found this ol girl ( 2005 ) for sale in Northern Colorado. It has a Suba Performance Spec R block built by Troy Matta, full Perrin rotated GTX35R.82 and various other little trinkets that I am still finding out about that the previous owner never knew. It has a whiteline ALK, APS 3.5", defi Boost EGT and OIL along with the control box, Koyo Rad and a touch screen monitor. The car was in decent condition was in need for some TLC, suspension, ECU, and a steering bushing kit along with maintenance on the brakes. The body has some wear and tear but nothing that cant be fixed. I recently ordered EMS, hotchkis full competition sways, AEM wideband, and trying to decide on which coilovers to get. Heres some initial pics... There will be more to come with each update
. 1000001629.jpg
Btw the motor, clutch, flywheel, and turbo all have less then 1200 miles on them.
1000001713.JPG

what.jpgWhat is this and where is it supposed to go? Ive looked every where and on every STi website, and have yet to find an answer. This car was also an electrical nightmare, but I got it straightened out for the most part.
1000001718.JPG1000001734.jpg
Hopefully tommorrow Ill be able to upload some more pics, I redid all of intercooler tubing, and perhaps next week Ill tackle the Intake Manifold.

Please tell me what you think, Im always looking for more ideas.....

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
First welcome to the team, and glad you could join us. As for that box I have no idea, but I know one of the guys around here should know. They will chime in soon. Enjoy the community. Everyone here is really awesome. :)

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Welcome and enjoy! Nice ride BTW.

I have no clue what that is.

Busker

First off, I have figured out what the little box is, its the passenger side AirBag Sensor. Hopefully this weekend Ill be able to install all of my new parts, if they come in, in time. I ordered the AEM Wideband, KartBoy Endlinks, Synapse Synchronic BOV and Ksport Rally AR Spec Coilovers. Trying to get dyno time for my EMS is killin me right now. I was supposed to be able to go this weekend but it fell through, so Im gonna have another week of putting around... I will post pics when all the parts come in.

Busker

Well I ordered and received my synapse Syncho BOV and well I need to get the Anti-Stall Valve. Still awaiting the arrival of my Perrin Endlinks, Wideband and my Ksport Rally AR Spec coilovers. I decided to not go with the Hotchkis sway set bc the car already has whiteline 22mm Front and 25 mm Rear. Next on the stop is Harvey at Boost Creep on the 23rd, hopefully we'll make some great managable power. Im looking into a stand alone DCCD controller. Does anyone have experience with these and if so what are there thoughts?

Busker

Yea, Ive watched some his videos and I like the quirkiness lol.... Im excited too.... Very Very anxious

Busker

I havent been able to thrash the car yet but Im expecting quite a bit of oversteer. id rather have oversteer then understeer. Gettin the ass squirly in an AWD just seems like it would be a shit ton of fun. We'll see once Im tuned on the 4th from Harvey, if its not an exciting drive then Ill change one of them out.

Busker

Its been quite sometime since Ive been on and heres some updates. So I went to the dyno and Harvey and I found a severe wiring gremlin. We werent able to dyno bc of this, so Bubba and I went through to try and figure it out and the further we went the more wiring mayhem we found. I ended up ordering a whole new harness. So once that comes in we'll be doing a complete wiring harness install, possibly with pictures depends on how irritated we get lol. It should be arriving Monday and today I ordered a bunch of goodies.
Mac 3 port Boost Solenoid
Whiteline Steering Rack bushings
Beatrush Rear Diff Bushings
Kartboy Tranny Mount Bushings
Groupe N tranny mount and Pitchstop
Turn In Concepts Rear Diff Bushings
Kartboy rear Subframe Lock down Bolts
Cusco Type II Lower Arm Bar
Firestone Firehawk Wide Oval Indy 500 235/40/18 tires

Just wondering if theres anything else I should get Ive got a few more hundred bucks on my budget for this month. I think I might save it up to do some needed body work. Id like to do it myself but thats one area I know to get a professional to do if you want it done right. Stay tuned for pics once this is all arrives and maybe talk my wife to come with me to the garage on post to take pics while I install it all.

Busker

Yea I really need to tighten up my rear end. All of the reviews Ive read have all said they make a huge difference. Hopefully Ill get it all done next weekend.

Busker

yea so far the mounts look good no sign of damage. But as soon as I see the least bit of moment Im swapping them out for the Torque Solution solid mounts or a set of Groupe N's. All depends on the amount of NVH I have know after installing all of these goods. I bought race version of all bushings except of course the tranny mount.

Busker

My whole Oil system is upgraded including a cusco oil cooler. So Im good on that end. Im really leaning towards saving up for body beautification. Im looking at a duraflex wings front and rear bumper, its different but not ricey. I mean If I had the extra 3k lying around I would def invest in the wrc kit.

Busker

So today I went and ordered the groupe N motor mounts an APR Front Strut Control Bar and I changed the order on the tires, I bought MB Weapon Wheels in the 17 inch variety my 18's look way too big for my taste and I ordered Bridgestone Potenza RE970 Pole Position AS 235/45/17.

From here on out its all saving up for "Makeover" lol. Im looking at changing the color to flat silver, yes there is a flat silver, Dupont makes it.

Busker

My tires did bc they were flat spotted so bad. Also one rim got a lil scratched up that day on the mountain but I am willing to entertain offers. Well I have to wait for mine to come in first. They should be in Next Monday.... What happened to your STi?