GD Busker's 2005 GD

Busker

HOLY SMOKES>>> Lenny, you were right. My car has made such a drastic change in handling. I did all the Groupe N mounts, the cusco ladder brace, diff lock kit, diff bushings, the tranny mount bushings, steering rack bushings, front strut brace and the sub frame lockdown bolts. The car is now a mix
between a shifter cart and a cheetah. Wherever I slightly turn the wheel, its goes there and holds. There is zero body roll, between the front strut bar and ladder this car has really come to life. In the rear the Subframe lockdown bolts are I dare say are the best investment for the ass end. The ass is planted no squeek and holds the road very well. I HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE SUBFRAME LOCKDOWN Bolts.... The motor mounts helped too but I dont think nearly as much as the other supporting mods.

Busker

No, one is gonna touch my car except for Harvey. I am still waiting for the day and into the night that I can tackle the wiring harness. Its gonna be such a pain in the ass. I mounted my 3 port boost solenoid and once I get the new wiring harness in I will be plumbing those wires in. The only music I will have in the Gremlin will be the Harmony of the motor and the sound of the rubber hitting the pavement. Im gonna mount my gauges where the touch screen once was. Im actually trying to find a place where I can get a sheet of Carbon Fiber to inlay. Or Ill divulge into my younger days and build a fiberglass enclosure for them.

Busker

I went and had a few beers with Bubba and Sharla at the Union Station Bar and he was saying mac made good power for you. Bubba and I are gonna try and get the harness done this week/end. So hopefully by the end of the month we'll be fully tuned.

Busker

So today I installed my TOP SECRET drivetrain piece and I know everyone is probably getting sick of me saying this but this has changed my steering yet again. I now have a 11.5:1 steering ratio and very little movement. Can anyone guess what it is? Ill buy a poptart for whom ever guesses it..... heres a hint, not many ppl on this forum have this MOD.

Busker

So today I installed my TOP SECRET drivetrain piece and I know everyone is probably getting sick of me saying this but this has changed my steering yet again. I now have a 11.5:1 steering ratio and very little movement. Can anyone guess what it is? Ill buy a poptart for whom ever guesses it..... heres a hint, not many ppl on this forum have this MOD.

Busker

So today I installed my TOP SECRET drivetrain piece and I know everyone is probably getting sick of me saying this but this has changed my steering yet again.  I now have a 11.5:1 steering ratio and very little movement. Can anyone guess what it is? Ill buy a poptart for whom ever guesses it..... heres a hint, not many ppl on this forum have this MOD, and its Canadian.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member

No clue. I want a pop tart anyways. :)

Busker

I was on my sleep meds lastnight when I wrote that post, so sorry no Pop Tarts. I must have been craving one or something.

But bc U chimed in its a Q-Rack Steering rack.

Busker

I was on my sleep meds lastnight when I wrote that post, so sorry no Pop Tarts. I must have been craving one or something. <br><br>But bc U chimed in its a Q-Rack Steering rack.

Busker

OK so lastnight Bubba and I decided to redo my wiring harness instal. It was going smooth at first just a huge PITA and many sore fingers and thumbs. Well once we started buttoning everything back up everything would turn on, motor wouldnt turn over. Then I noticed that there was a white clip under the fuse box that wasnt connected so I connected it and car started. The car then went into immediate limp mode and now the windows and dome light quit working. I ended up having to get the car towed to another garage, Thank god for USAA its free, but Bubba said hes gonna go thru with a multimeter and check everything out. The check engine light is on and so isnt the cruise. On a goodnote MY DCCD seems to be fully functional. No lights and I was able to switch from auto to Man with no issues.Once I get sometime Ill post some pics. We started working on it at 3pm yeasterday and by the time all was said and done its was 230am and I have work at 4. This car has truly taken its "Gremlin" name to a whole new level.

Busker

So The Gremlin was dropped off at the local Subie Dealership( very reputable) and their STi guru is going through it and cant pinpoint where the issue lies. So they are gonna replace every harness in the car and see if that changes anything. I am still frustrated but at least it wasnt something uber simple that would have made me feel like a complete jack ass...

Busker

Wow, its been awhile, on 26 Aug my STi was Vandalized to the tune of $17, 230. Luckily my insurance company USAA didnt total the car due to tall the receipts I had for every performance mod on the car. Well the Car is at Suba Performance in Denver where is undergoing a total makeover. Wed. it's going under the knife for a FIA spec roll cage, a totally different turbo system and back to a TMIC. The turbo that is getting used is a Blouch 20GXTR, Process West TM, Killer BEE Header, Invidia N1 TBE, K&N Typhoon Short RAM, SAMCO Turbo Inlet and possibly some other toys with left over funds. As pictures become available I will post them.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Wow, well it almost seems like it worked out for the best in the end! I'm glad to hear there's a happy resolution to the horrible situation.

Busker

Yesterday was my lucky day. First off I smoked some major test I had at Drill Sergeants School and I received an email with some pics of my car during the process of the roll cage build. I cant get on a computer very often until I am done, so dont expect pictures for some time. Unless Lenny gets on and uploads them from his phone for me. Getting excited!!!!

Busker

Thanks man I really appreciate it. I cant wait to get more pics. Unfortunately theres a back order on Blouch bearing turbos right now... Thankfully Ive got another month before Ill even see my car. So it'll be good to push by then.

Busker

I am getting more and more excited the closer I get to coming home to this new Monster. Lenny, I might need to give you some mula and perhaps we can go up to Suba to pick the ol Gremlin up. Just let me know if ur down, Ill be in town roughly around the 18th or so.

Busker

So I spoke with my builder Troy Matta out of Suba Performance in Denver, we were going over the build of the car, and he said the Killer Bee header install was the easiest header install he has dont to date. They are currently putting the dash back into the car, cutting what needs to be cut and making everything super flush. Harvey the Boost Creep will be dynoing me on the 2nd of December. Unfortunately Ill be clearing post so I will not be able to attend the tune. I have more pictures to add of the completed cage however it takes me forever to figure out how to do it properly. So Ill give it a go!