Car Show Tips

Alter3go

Anyone ever entered their car in a show? Won awards for having a sweet vehicle? If so please post some tips on preparation and what judges look for in a show please.

Also if you have show pictures post examples as well so we can admire. Thanks!

V/R
RIPsta

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Step 1: Apply "IGOTASTI.COM" vinyl sticker on the front windshield.
Step 2: Win the car show.

:tup:

ZachTTLM

Each car show has different things they look for in cars as well as each judge. If this show has one on one time with the judges for you to tell them about your car, don't just ramble on and on about how much you have done start at the front and work your way back hi-light focal points for the judge to look at that makes your car stand out compared to others you have seen. Give him reasons to color choices and show them out you have worked that theme throughout the car.

Next make sure it is clean all the nooks and crannies.. nothing is worse than when the exterior of the car is all cleaned up then you look under to see the suspension and the wheel wells and everything is a splattered take some time once you park to wipe that stuff down, far as the wheel wells go, tire shine (non foaming) goes a long way to kid the dirt and give it a clean look for shows.

Most shows require some adds to the trunk area but this is somewhere that loses points for many that arent putting systems in for the right reasons if that is not what you are going for take a small loss in points there and pay attention to other details of the car making sure no leaves or dirt is packed in around the hinges of the trunk and hood areas and mention to the judge why you don't pack a big system in there so he understands this is a practical move for you and may gain you at least 1 point for cleanliness in the trunk area.

I know there are many more tips that people can give but that is what I got so far, it is all about presentation in my eyes though set the car in a sense to gain more looks and create focal points when speaking about it.