GR Cherry's 2011 OBP Mobile Money Incinerator

orestes85

I won't be back in the states til early next year to sell them unless you want to deal with a middle man. Car is being taken care of by my shop while I'm deployed.

As for daily E85. Nearest pump is 30 minutes away. My shop is supposed to start carrying C16 and E85 once their dyno comes in though, but I still wouldn't daily E85. I'd fill up a full tank, plus another 10-15 gallons for a track day and drive that off and switch back to 93. I've already gotta drive 10 mins out of my way to get gas during the week so I can get good quality pump gas. going another 20-30 mins (without traffic) isn't something I'm willing to do on a weekly basis.

orestes85

Getting funding lined up to get the heads ported and order some GSC S2 cams as well as a full GSC Valvetrain. Once that is done I will be happy to say that the motor will be 100% complete (until i deem it otherwise ><)
I'll be talking with the shop to see what kind of fuel system components I'll need, as well as going over to speed density, and getting everything lined up to get the GTX3576 kit and ETS front mount purchased and installed...hopefully before the end of the year. By the end of JAN 2013 I want to have the longblock installed, ETS Turbo kit and FMIC on the car, tuned, and ready for the track season next year where I can start working out what I want to do with the suspension.

orestes85

All headwork/cams is paid for but...GSC Cams are on back order and won't be available until Jan 2013 at the earliest. In the meantime, the GTX3576 rotated kit from ETS and a set of RaceComp Tarmac 2s, Camber Plates, and Cusco Rear Lat. Links are on the way soon.

orestes85

About to wrap the build up!

ETS Rotated GTX3576 kit is paid for
RCE Tarmac 2 Coilovers and GTWORX Camber Plates are on their way
Varis Carbon Bonnet, Carbon Rear Diffuser, Carbon Front Spoiler, Carbon Side Splitters, and Carbon Side Underboards are ordered and on their way.

The only things left are a set of TE37SL Black Edition, some 275/35r/18 Direzzas, Cusco Rear Lat. Links, Koyo Radiator, a fuel system overhaul. Still waiting on the GSC S2 Cams though :\

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Did you just buy a set??

Is it your birthday?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Then :hbday:

orestes85

Also, I should mention that i'll have various OEM parts that will possibly be avail for sale within the next few months. I haven't decided on what exactly I'll be selling but it may include OEM suspension, OEM rotors, OEM hood, OEM exhaust Manifold, COBB Bellmouth Downpipe, DW850cc injectors, OEM TMIC, OEM Y Pipe, OEM Radiator, OEM Oil pan, and OEM Oil Pickup. I'll have a thread up when I decide what I'm going to sell off and what I'll be keeping.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
I wanna see those wheels ON the car! Probably not as badly as you do, but still! When do they get installed?!

orestes85

They've got some cars ahead of mine for work. Once the cams are available I think they'll do the whole car all at once. Right now, they're waiting on the coilovers so they can't mount the wheels yet :(

orestes85

GSC S2s are no longer an option. I was left with the decision of sending my heads back to HeadGames to get them re-clearanced for Kelford 272s or go with GSCs S1 cam (268). Because the GSC S1 will work with the headwork I already had done, are available right now, and won't sacrifice as much drivability I decided that they would be the wise choice. After all, this is still a DD. If/When I get another vehicle that I enjoy driving and I can put the STI strictly on track duty (with the occasional romp through town) then a more aggressive cam can be put in if I desire.

I'm also tossing around the idea of buying a thrashed motor (or a completely fine motor if the price is ok). I want to have something I can take apart and figure out how everything goes together without taking my car out of commission. In the end this will hopefully save me some money and will definitely give me some peace of mind knowing that I've got a contingency plan for when this motor decides to grenade on me.

Lastly, a new fueling setup is on it's way. I'm looking at E85 capable injectors, new fuel lines, rails, possibly 2 bigger fuel pumps, and maybe a Q16 map. Matt @ Spec Ops is going to get some ideas to me and we'll come to a decision shortly. Hopefully this beast will be ready to go by the middle of next month.

orestes85

Registered for VIR with Tar Heel Sports Car Club on April 6-7, 2013. I might purchase another set of 18x10s (something cheap, used) and wrap them in a set of direzzas as well. I'm just concerned with fuel. I'd like to run Q16 but I have no way to really transport 20-30 gallons of extra fuel. I may just get a 110 tune since I know they have a 110 pump at VIR. I don't REALLY need the extra power from Q16 anyway.

I also need to do some brake pad research. DTC 70s sound like a good choice from what I have read though.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
....interesting! I might have to sign up too. I've been wanting to meet some of the igota folks!

orestes85

The registration list is pretty empty for the green class (HPDE 1). You should sign up! I'm gonna see if any of the guys local to me will be willing to go as well.