Christmas gift ideas

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
so what is everyone getting their significant other for the holidays?

i might be surprising my girlfriend with a puppy. shes been wanting one forever so i think its time. her cousin works with police dogs here in NY and they put the "rejects" up for adoption if they don't pass the test for whatever reasons. i will most likely go that route if there is one available.

my fall back plan is maybe get her something for her Wrangler. maybe a light bar or side steps idk yet

Grinder34

Track Monkey
As far as generic car-related gift ideas (for myself):

A lithium portable battery pack for jump starts. Its amazing how small they are now!
A new portable air compressor. Hopefully faster/quieter/smaller than mine from 2001.
A hardware/hardwired dashcam instead of using my phone in dashcam mode (I'll be posting up an excel with my research soon!)
Solar trickle charger/maintainer
Fancy OBD2 code-reader

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Wifey wants new shoes, jacket, and clothes. ;)

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
my Subaru wants go fast parts haha. but the dang warranty is telling me no:(
What warranty? We don't hear anything.

Ask us how to become a Lifetime Platinum Member today!

lmao I wish it was that easy. I wanna put a catback exhaust on so bad but idk if it would void warranty:/

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
That won't void the warranty.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
aww frig yeah!!! what else won't??? and does Subaru have to put the exhaust on it??
Nope you can put it on.

What else you want to do?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Your intake is good for up to 400HP.

Do suspension mods. ?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Oh where to begin, lol.

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Swaybars are generally considered to be the best modification for the money, and I have to agree. Of course, I am of the opinion that if you are going to install swaybars, you'd do well to also replace the endlinks, swap the rubber bushings with urethane ones and maybe even replace the swaybar mounts (most disagree with me on the mounts, but to each their own).

Grinder34

Track Monkey
http://igotasti.com/vBforum/showthr...-i-do-to-it-without-jeopardizing-the-warranty

Swaybars make a TON of difference.

Beyond that, you can do springs, springs/struts, coilovers (in order of least-> most intense). That's for basic car control. But it by NO means stops/starts there. There are about a million bushings on the car that are optimized for comfort. Things like LCA bushings or engine mounts, that are all nice soft rubber. Stiffening them up can make the car much more snappy, but do add a bit of harshness.

To start, I would say get a rear swaybar and rear endlinks (the OEM rear endlinks are crap and can "flip"). The swaybars can be fixed or adjustable. The adjustable ones are a bit more expensive, but allow you to tweak settings if you're new. The idea of adjustability always sounds appealing, and that's the route I went. But here's the honesty kicking in: I have never adjusted my rear swaybar (i could've gone fixed to save a few $). But what's $20 in the scheme of things?!

Anyways, from there, 99% chance you'll be hooked and want a front one too. Once you're convinced that suspension is more fun than engine mods, check back in and we'll head you in the right direction! ;)

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Our Christmas gift is a big one this year. ??