Clunk/Grind/Creak Noise from Passenger Front (RCE Yellows)

ZackUSAF82

So ever since I got my RCE yellows (suspension is otherwise stock) installed I've had a grinding/clunkingcreaking noise in the passenger front when I take sharp right turns at low speeds...it doesn't happen at all on the drivers side no matter how sharp of a left turn I take. From what I've read it's likely normal but it drives me crazy...so my question is, first, is this normal? Next, if it is normal, is there anything I can do to perhaps minimize it some? I'm trying to take it back to the shop and have them check it out but they've been very busy and haven't had time to get me in yet so I figured I'd ask for pointers to see if maybe I can do something to at least quiet it some in the mean time...it really bugs the crap out of me!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
We put some grease on where the spring meets the struts. Works every time. ;)

ZackUSAF82

Grease is a good idea, maybe I can talk the shop into doing that when they check it out and save myself the time of tearing into it myself. They may have a slot for me on Friday, we'll see.

As far as the rubber, yes there is I believe, that's why I'm wondering if maybe they didn't install it or did something else wrong since the drivers side doesn't have this problem. I'll keep you guys posted on what I find out, hopefully I can get this sorted out.

Alter3go

Add grease to the rubber bushings you installed. Also check to make sure the spring is lined up correctly. Also you adjusted the camber bolt correctly and got an alignment right?

ZackUSAF82

Yep, got aligned a week or so after the install, wasn't off by much. And yes, I'm very glad it's not all four doing it, that would drive me completely nuts. Oh well, if it doesn't go away I'll just deal with it until the stock stock/struts go and I get my Bilsteins. ;)

LR257

Normally this happens when a person does not securely tighten the bottom nut when installing the bumpstop

LR257

Normally this happens when a person does not securely tighten the bottom nut when installing the bumpstop. In addition, make that the the perch is aligned correctly with the hub. The two holes should be parallel to where the strut attached to the hub.

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
I have the exact same noises with my RCE Yellows. Only when I turn the wheel to either extreme and at low speeds. I did the install myself and got an alignment. After a while, I was getting worried about the noise so I had a suspension shop take everything apart and make sure my install was okay. They found no problems and put everything back together. The noise still remains. At this point I don't think it's hurting anything, but who knows...