clutch question

sliksti22

My clutch is going on my 05 STi. Currently running stock everything. only mod is Invidia N1 Racepipe. I wont be able to mod for another couple years, but thinkin im lookin to get it to 450-550 whp on pump gas. maybe more, not real sure. What clutch should I go for that isn't outrageously expensive?

it is currently my daily drive. 112000 mile on the odometer. thought about exedy stage 1 clutch, but after talking to some people, it sounds like its basically the stock sti clutch but better material. since money is tight, should i go for the stage 1 or go for something that is rated for higher torque since i will be modding in the next few years?? If so, what should i go for?

Fast Tuning Products

Inactive Vendor
I personally like the ACT Clutches. I run the Street Disc in my car and have no problems. Grabs when you want it to but nice for cruising. We carry these as well as SPEC, CLutch Masters, Exedy, and Competition Clutch. Feel free to PM me for some awesome discounts on one.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
plus driving with stiffer, grabbier clutch can be a pain in the butt. No sense in upgrading if your mods won't happen for years.

ZachTTLM

As they said above you don't want to spend the extra money on a high rated clutch when you will not need it for a while but if you go with stage 1 exedy, spec, etc you will have room to accept a few mods. We have great success with the Exedy Stage 1 clutches on cars that are street driven on a daily and handled minor mods well. PM if you have any other needs such as pricing or details.

sliksti22

aprreciate the responses. At this point i might as well go oem since i wont be modding for quite some time now. i actually prefer a stiffer clutch(hate mushy clutches) but even within that last month while my clutch has been going south, it still sucks in metro atlanta stop n go traffic. and now that i tihnk about it, it kinda makes more sense to do the heavier duty clutch later along with aftermarket flywheel.