clutch stuck to floor

jonnyturbo07

i have an 07 sti and i came to a stop sign and pushed the clutch in and it stayed on the floor cant drive the car does anyone know what could be wrong...

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
How many miles are on your clutch?

jonnyturbo07

the car has 75,825 on it i bought the in august with 68,000 on it so i dont know when it was replaced or if it is stock

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Could be the slave cylinder.

Have you been launching at all?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Can you even pull the pedal up at all?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Does it move freely without any pressure?

jonnyturbo07

it has very little presure and when i push it to the floor and when i push it to the floor it makes a weird sound when the car is running when i do that

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
You probably have air in the hydraulic system, or low fluid.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
1. Get a buddy to help
2. Remove clutch reservoir cap
3. Top off fluid
3. Pump clutch pedal 3-4 times, last pump, hold pedal to the floor, or as far down as it'll go
4. Have helper crack the valve open a little. Air and fluid should shoot out, so make sure it's collected and not spraying everywhere. It WILL EAT PAINT.
4a. MAKE SURE PEDAL IS NOT LIFTED AT ALL. Pedal should continue to the floor and HELD THERE.
5. Tighten the bleeder.
6. Go to step 3, repeat as necessary.

NOTE: Keep a close eye on the fluid level in the reservoir. NEVER let it get too low.

Hope that helps. :)

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Remove TMIC and check clutch fluid level. Fill if empty or low.
If low or empty also check for leaks.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Things to look at before going through a bleed would be:

Leaks (visible fluid on things in and around the clutch components)
Slave cylinder
The ball and socket that attaches the rod to the clutch fork. look for damage, being worn, etc.
The fork and rod themselves.
Spring.
Just a general check before you go through a bleeding process.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
you can check the slave cylinder by simply observing it to push the fork. It is located near the starter on the driver side close to the firewall.

I suspect the throw out bearing let go.

any bet its the clutch disk is worn down too far? happended to mine, thought my throwout bearing was bad, it was the pressure plate and clutch dish were worn down and had chunks missing, that would explain the crazy noise when u press the clutch when its running. here are my pics of what happened100MEDIA$IMAG0397.jpg100MEDIA$IMAG0395.jpg100MEDIA$IMAG0396.jpg