coilover decision help.

tprice20

i want to get new suspension for my 06 STI whats the differents between BC coilovers and Ksport coilovers? my friend has Ksport on his 2010 civic SI and they ride like stock suspension and its slammed would it feel the same on my Subaru? I see a lot of people getting BC for there Subaru's is there a reason for that.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Well depends what youre looking for.. Are you the type of person who wants coils for function and better handling or are you the person who wants to get coils to be slammed on the ground?

tprice20

i like both i'm leaning more towards the low and slow look is there any coilovers that functions good slammed and what do you think about BC and Ksport?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Cant remember off the top of my head which one ksport was. Bcbr coils are the best bang for the buck if youre in the $1000 range from what ive seen. Depending on how much you want to spend definitely gives more room for more brands. The bcbr ones are good for function and are good for low. Bcbr+camber plates+top hats. I have quite a few friends that run them and they say theyre amazing. I dont know too much about any other particular brands for slamming your car. Maybe someone else on here can chime in and give you some direction for that. There are a lot of people on here who have coils for handling. Check the member journals. And hopefully one of the more knowledgable members offers you some great advice soon.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
There are lots of good budget coilovers that'll let you adjust ride height. Feal and Fortune come to mind. I've heard good things about the BC, but havent done too much research on those. To get some extra slammed look you can do the RCE lowering camber plates.

But please keep in mind, that the suspension of the STI really starts to suck when its super low. You *CAN* fix that with some really expensive redesigned suspension components, but its pretty much only worth it if you're in some crazy tarmac track class.

You can also bag it and get crazy low and then pump it up if you need to clear the speedbump... (I think there was a journal of a bagged guy on here. Let me try to find it)

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Don't Slam It!!! Otherwise you can't jump railroad track at 60mph :subaru:

Look at Stance SS+. Seriously sturdy design at a low cost. Very comfortable ride.

802PWR

I am currently waiting on delivery of the HVT/TIC coilovers and will be using Group N tophats. I purchased these based on the price point of rebuilding of high mileage stock struts and the Feal 441 coilovers that does not have a tophat option.

I liked how these you're able to not adjust the dampening but able to adjust the ride height.