compression

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
What the hell just happened? I was following e85 prices in my area, off and on, over the last year.
It looks to be coming down considerably now. I wonder if it had anything to do with the issues that
regional distributors/refineries claimed to be having earlier in the year, with supplying enough of the
proper seasonal blends.

Maybe it had something to do with the drought the region had last year. I've only lived here for 11 months, so I was probably wrong on the prices.
Last year was particularly hard on corn.

Last edited:

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
I am supposed to get three blends however, I get E70 only.
The prices are rather steady here and fluctuate only a dime or so and rather slowly at that.

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Just for the sake of learning, what would happen if you were tuned for 93 and filled up with e85?

Panchosti208

So i went with a 9.0:1 copression and a quarter over the standerd bore its 99.5 i went to 99.75 just to start fresh got malhe power istons with manley rods and king rod bearings.:tard:

So i went with a 9.0:1 copression and a quarter over the standerd bore its 99.5 i went to 99.75 just to start fresh got malhe power istons with manley rods and king rod bearings.:tard:

Very nice choice man!!! Hard to beat Manley rods and Mahle is one of my favs for pistons

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Just for the sake of learning, what would happen if you were tuned for 93 and filled up with e85?

As mentioned the possibility for knock is significant but knock is only one component of a much larger issue. If it was running at all it would run dangerously lean. As a result of that your cylinder temps and your exhaust temps will go through the roof and possibly cause damage to your valves and pistons and possibly your O2 sensor, cat and even the turbo.