Decided to go baller...lmk what you think!?!?!

Stiyle11sedan

So like the title says, I have decided to do a rather expensive upgrade to the aesthetics of my car. I have decided to make a purchase of a Charge speed body kit...I have looked around for a while and even have a front lip, side skirts, and rear lips but they are just the HT Autos ones. I have attached the pics of what the kit will look like front and back....comes with the front and rear bumpers and the side skirts. Please let me know what you all think of the setup, I would love to get some feedback whether it is positive or not!!

Thanks in advance,
-James

ImageFromDBphp.jpg

ImageFromDB1php.jpg

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Ballin! Love it. How much is the kit?

DierwulfBL

I will make one general comment about body kits. I daily drove a body kitted car for ~5-6 years. I molded all the creases, did a real nice job everything was super clean. The kit I had was fiberglass and after the first year it was pretty banged up. Both front bumper molds were broken (friend pumped his clutch after i jumped his car to take 1 out, other 1 got kicked in) I also broke the side skirt moldings on crucial speed bumps and whatnot. After the first year there were quite a few places where the fiberglass was cracked. Here's my advice, find a urethane kit, the extra it will cost is well worth it in the long run. If you plan on DDing this car just realize you will have to be very cognizant of dips and bumps or you'll scrape/crack the kit. I would never do it again, would have rather saved my money or spent it on performance oriented mods. If you're dead set on a body kit make sure its urethane!

Stiyle11sedan

I will make one general comment about body kits. I daily drove a body kitted car for ~5-6 years. I molded all the creases, did a real nice job everything was super clean. The kit I had was fiberglass and after the first year it was pretty banged up. Both front bumper molds were broken (friend pumped his clutch after i jumped his car to take 1 out, other 1 got kicked in) I also broke the side skirt moldings on crucial speed bumps and whatnot. After the first year there were quite a few places where the fiberglass was cracked. Here's my advice, find a urethane kit, the extra it will cost is well worth it in the long run. If you plan on DDing this car just realize you will have to be very cognizant of dips and bumps or you'll scrape/crack the kit. I would never do it again, would have rather saved my money or spent it on performance oriented mods. If you're dead set on a body kit make sure its urethane!

Actually this is a full FRP kit....no fiberglass here!!

Vermont

Needs a front mount or it will look stupid.... Just saying bro, don't wanna lie to you and say it will look good if it wont. Honestly if you do not a have a front mount it is going to look ridiculous, and you will probably end up on a ricer spotted thread on some car forum.... Now if you have a huge as front mount filling up that front space.... well then people are going to give you a thumbs up for Form AND function...

Stiyle11sedan

I have a brand new AMR 4" stealth FMIC that will be installed at the same time...lol
Actually that was one of the main reasons I like this kit so I don't have to hack up my stock bumper.

Vermont

I have a brand new AMR 4" stealth FMIC that will be installed at the same time...lol
Actually that was one of the main reasons I like this kit so I don't have to hack up my stock bumper.

:tup:

In that case go for it man. I would make sure and take the car to a body shop to have it color matched to the car though. Not just the same paint but also color matched and faded into each other.

Stiyle11sedan

Yeah my buddy does a great job at his shop of painting and blending (has done previous work for me....flawless)
I will post up pics on my journal when all is said and done...probably 3 months or so from here!!

Stiyle11sedan

I really want the hood pictured there but cannot seem to locate it. I have seen a few of the Seibon ones and they are okay....I am also looking at a VIS carbon trunk as well. That also has a built in carbon duckbill type spoiler...very mice but a little spendy. And yeah I have the SWP sedan with the blue wheels!!

Vermont

You guys know of any one who makes a rear diffuser for the GR's? the hatch backs that is? Like the ones that are for the GD's with all the little spine thingy and stuff on the bottom that make it look super aggressive... I have no real need for one but I really do want a cool looking diffuser...

Last edited:

Stiyle11sedan

HT Autos makes a few different ones as well...and they are not at rediculous prices either.

http://subaru-impreza-body-kits.co.uk/rear-underbody-diffusers-lip-spoilers_4.html

scroll to the bottom for the GR stuff....They are located in the UK but they have a distribution center somewhere in the US I think it is in Cali.
I ordered some other stuff from them and it literally arrived before the money cleared the bank!!