Decision

microsnook

Hey guys,
I bought my STi with some black wheels, more specifically Motegi Racing MR121 Black.
It also came with the stock BBS.

I posted about a turbo upgrade and have been reading some about that and want to save up for it. Im thinking that I don't need two pairs of wheels, especially since I don't drag race or AX anything like that.

The Black wheels only run about $650, but look way better than the BBS.

What do you guys think I should do?
Sell the black ones?
Sell the BBS?
Keep them both?

The black wheels look better on the car, IMO and I would prefer to keep them, but I'd rather have the wheels that will perform better and are lighter. I held each wheel and the weight was quite similar, if not the same...

9ibf4y.jpg

de33tj.jpg

2hgbx8i.jpg

21jxd6w.jpg

I think I found the wheels:

WHEELS | Motegi Racing

They are on the bottom right. Black.
It seems they are 17x7.5, while the BBS are 17x8?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Keep the BBS wheels and get them powered coated.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
What's the offset on the black rims? Personally, I think the stock rims have an offset that is far too high (sunken look).

If you dont do competitive driving, i wouldnt worry about forged/cast and weight, just go by looks. If you like the black ones keep em!

But I do want to know the offset!

microsnook

Im not really sure what you mean by offset. IDK what that means. How far the wheel sits outward or inward?
I want to say I saw 42 online on their website, but I might be wrong.

What do you mean the the offset of the BBS is too high? It sits in too far?

Yea its a tough decision for me. I just don't know what I want at the moment lol

Blue Tech

Powder coat the BBS. You will be very happy with the result. I've redone stockers before and you will find a lot of people asking ""DAMN! Where can I get those???"" It really changes the look of the stock wheels.

microsnook

None taken. I prefer the look of the Motegi. But if they BBS were powder coated I would love it!
My friend can do it for ~$300, which is expensive to me :(

How much does it cost?

icudruln

I plan on powdercoating my stock BBS wheels. I've been quoted around $240 for all four (included dismount of tires and rebalanced wheels as well).

I am in Orlando and I can do my own powder coat... I Might be able to help you out. You can call Central Florida Powdercoat on OBT and they can quote you but im sure gonna be $400+... I'd like to see pics of the STi...