EJ25subies 05 STi journal

ej25subie05

As promised i am making a journal of my car... i have no idea where to start. this has been one heck of a project for me. I have never taken on anything like this before.

i had no idea there was so much to one car. once i started i realized i had a lot to learn, but along the way it was amazing seeing it change from and ugly old clunker to something that was actually worth looking at in my eyes.

picked it up in january 2014, and over the course of 6 months or so i went through practically the whole car that money would let at the time.

started stripping the car to send it off to get a color change to aspen white.

did a little shave jobs on a few parts of the engine bay, nothing crazy. but something to make it look a little better. I'm not only one who loves a good looking car on the outside but i also need car to be spotless in engine bay and interior.

Cut the engine bay battery tray out, windshield washer holders and fuse box holders. bondo filled and sanded that down, hide a few wires etc. of course painted bay to try and match exterior of car. Not going to list everything i did in engine bay as that will take a very long time. but will list all mods down below at the end.

dropped in a fully built engine done by agile performance. internals listed below....

ej25subie05

SUSPENSION & CHASIS*Whiteline rear strut bar
*KW Clubsport Coilovers
*Whiteline 26mm Adjustable Front Sway Bar
*Cobb Adjustable Rear Sway Bar
*Whiteline Rear Toe Lock Kit
*Whiteline Front & Rear Endlinks
*Whiteline Race Anti-Lift Kit
*Whiteline Steering Rack Bushings
*Cobb Tuning Billet Adjustable Rear sway bar Mounts
*Cusco Rear Camber Plates
*DMS Front Camber Plates
*M-1 Tubular Race Under Body Brace

BRAKES:
*DBA brake rotors
*Stainless steel brake lines
*Hawk Hps pads

Wheels/Tires
*Enkie NT03+M (17x9.5 Front & Rear)
*NT05 (255/40/17 Front & Rear)
*Rays Engineering Lug Nuts

interior:
*full interior
*ATI triple gauge clock pod
*Siris sat radio
*Double din
*STRI Red boost gauge
*STRI Red EGT gauge
*STRI Red oil pressure gauge
*AEM Wideband
*Battery relocated into truck with Taylor box and custom wiring and fuses
*WEATHERTECH black floor liners (front & rear)
*LED dome, map, & trunk lights

*green connectors for flashing maps moved to switch in glove box

Drivetrain:
*Carbonetics Carbon Triple Plate Clutch with push style conversion kit
*Stainless Steel STI Braided clutch line
*Cobb Double Adjustable Billet Short Shifter
*Cobb Six Speed Shifter Bushings
*Cusco engine mounts
*Torque solution pitch stop mount

Exterior:
*Led license plate bulbs
*Oem 06 sti rear roof spoiler
*OEM 06 STi rear diffuser
*20% tint all way around
*blacked out headlights
*Fresh aspen white paint job as well as many new parts such as bumpers, covers etc….
*Grille modified
*hella horns
*STi badged valve stems

EXHAUST:
*Perrin catted downpipe
*Cobb CBE
*grimmspeed ewg uppipe
*Agency power unequal length headers
*Tial 38mm ewg with external dump

FUEL & ENGINE MANAGEMENT:
*OEM ECU
*Cobb accessport
*Speed density
*Aeromotive 340lph fuel pump
*Injector Dynamics 1000cc injectors
*Custom fuel rails and Stainless Steel braided fuel lines
*JDM STi Spec c 12l tank for Methanol and windshield fluid
*Top feed TGV delete
*Aeromotive FPR

Engine bay mods
*Grimmspeed EBCS
*APS hard turbo inlet
*Grimmspeed 3mm tgv spacers
*external 13 Row Greddy oil cooler removed
*Greddy can sitting on frame for Crawford dump
*Crawford AOS
*Tial VTA BOV
*Perrin FMIC with Blow through pipe
*Mishimoto radiator
*APS coolant tank
*ATI super harmonic damper crank pulley
*AC delete
*emissions system delete from engine bay as well as PCV valve
*fuse box relocated
*a little shave done
*fresh paint job
*Throttle body water lines by passed
*head breather hard line cut and removed from block
*intake custom made 3" with k&n air filter
*killer B oil fill tube
*STi billet oil cap

Engine:
Fully built engine from ground up bearings and all, work done by Agile performance
*NGK one step colder plugs
*Blouch xtr3.0 turbo ball bearing 10cm exhaust housing 2.4" inlet
*K1 billet crankshaft
*K1 connections rods
*ARP/K1 rod bolts
*killer b oil pickup
*Cosworth oil scrapper
*Cosworth Forged pistons
*Headgames Ported/Polished Heads
*Ferrea Valvetrain
*GSC S2 Cams
*ARP head studs
*Oem gasket set

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
This is easily one of my favorites. I respect that you did it all yourself. :tup: Looking forward to the future!

ej25subie05

thank you sir! you would be happy to know that today we started making some power. only went to 14psi but i can now do WOT pulls to 7k for now no problems, no knock nothing. and afrs are around 11.1 a bit rich but we needed to stop as time flew by :) but she's a beast. now if i didn't get screwed over by fedex i would have had my fuel pump by now... :( one day shipping ordered and they make it a three day transit, go figure

if its okay with you i would love to send you a data log sometime this week to get a second pair of eyes to make sure everything looks good. too expensive too blow up lol @HolyCrapItsFast

she runs like stock almost, if it wasn't for clutch you would never know. hot and cold starts are beautiful. idle is dead on and speed density is by far my favorite so far. hopefully it won't give us any trouble when we go over 20lbs. thinking to try for 24-25. wanna see how its gonna act. don't wanna blow hot air but if it feels like its making power well do it.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I'll bet it feels nice. I, myself, and without a turbo at the moment and can't wait till my setup is complete so I know the felling of waiting for your just rewards. I would be more than happy to look at a log. :D You have the Dom3 right? you should have no problem bringing that to 24psi. :tup:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Great photo!

ej25subie05

I'll bet it feels nice. I, myself, and without a turbo at the moment and can't wait till my setup is complete so I know the felling of waiting for your just rewards. I would be more than happy to look at a log. :D You have the Dom3 right? you should have no problem bringing that to 24psi. :tup:

yeah but honestly i never expected it to be this great. but what sucks trans bearings started making noise and 5th grinds.... so looks like either this trans has been beat to who knows what or its just my luck lol. gonna take back housing off and check i think the big needle bearing is what is going out. and old oil is probably causing 5th to grind. if you rev match it it'll go in. the trans and rear diff are the only things on the car i never replaced and rear axles...

sweet!!! your the man, and yes sir the Dom 3.0xtr. so its the billet/ball bearing one. i hope not, also need a 8k redline. 1st runs out so quick i can't even shift fast enough without hitting limiter lol

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Well we would love to have your support, plus there are more forums that open up when you're a premium member. :)

ej25subie05

quick question for y'all, any one have any good info, right up etc on doing abs delete on a sti. or is that something we shouldn't consider because of our adjustable diff and what not? reason for asking, my tone ring broke and have been without abs for a bit now, and would love to delete it completely but i feel it messes with center diff just a bit when backing up or turning sharp.
do you know? [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION]

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
quick question for y'all, any one have any good info, right up etc on doing abs delete on a sti. or is that something we shouldn't consider because of our adjustable diff and what not? reason for asking, my tone ring broke and have been without abs for a bit now, and would love to delete it completely but i feel it messes with center diff just a bit when backing up or turning sharp.
do you know? @HolyCrapItsFast

To be perfectly honest I feel you would do better to just replace the tone ring. The wheel sensors aren't just for the ABS but also for the AWD system as you've suggested. When I had my STi, I broke the tone ring in the rear. It killed me to spend the $100 plus for a stupid metal ring but it was worth it in the end. Plus these cars are wildly unpredictable without ABS especially at high speed.

Unfortunately to install the tone ring properly you have to remove the hub to get it on. On mine I wasn't having any of that so I cut the ring in two pieces and bolted them in place. Worked like a charm but not the right way to do it.

ej25subie05

not what i wanted to hear.... lol i guess the truth hurts sometimes. too bad i sold my spare set of rear hubs before i knew mine was broken. wonder if it would work if i glued it back together? mines in three pieces not two like you did yours.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
not what i wanted to hear.... lol i guess the truth hurts sometimes. too bad i sold my spare set of rear hubs before i knew mine was broken. wonder if it would work if i glued it back together? mines in three pieces not two like you did yours.

JB-WELD

LOL!

But seriously... JB Weld