Engine Misfiring

Jennaboo32

Hey guys. So I started my car yesterday (06 STi) for the first time since my rebuild. It has a new stock bottom end, the heads were rebuilt with light port and polishing with new valves and guids, and I do have mods including a CAI, Invidia N1 turbo back exhaust, bigger top mount, I have stock injectors but pretty sure they're modified. Anyway I start the car, it's misfiring, will not hold a steady idle, and the check engine light came on and the cruise control is flashing. Im pulling the code once my friend gets here with his scanner and hoping that leads to something but Im sure its just going to tell me misfire in one or more of the cylinders. I did put new spark plugs in and they are one step colder plugs. Not sure if maybe that has anything to do with it. Any feedback would help!

Jennaboo32

Well I unplugged the MAFS and started it and it ran fine and as soon as I plugged it back in it ran crappy again. So I replaced all the boost lines just now and started it and it ran a lot better but still sputtering a little bit. So now Im thinking maybe it's the cufflings around the TMIC where it goes into the manifold and turbo.

ZachTTLM

Boost leak test... also what did you gap the spark plugs at?? Did you get the codes read yet??

DannyD

Check to make sure the bolts on the back of your intercooler are tight. I replaced mine a few months back and forgot to tighten one down and the same thing happened to me.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Did you ever get this figured out?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
She took it to IAG. Last time I heard it wasn't fixed yet.