Event #1 recap.....

Paul.c

So the first event of the year was great. I got my car set up and teched and was able to walk the course multiple times. unfortunately for Jared (Bad STi) the day didn't go so well. Apparently on the way up there his car had died multiple times. I think his car was just scared of being beaten by a lowered mini-van. Any way, The course was excellent, very high speed, but also nice and technical at the same time. Here is the map:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
The texas region does the starts with two sets of start cones. The first set (green dot) is the staging line, the second set (stop watch) is the official start line. The start line was on a slight down hill so that made for some good times and multiple spin outs (not from me of course, my spin outs came later in the course). The first corner was a nice fast corner which let right into a small tight gate, then into a nice fast straight-ish leading to a slower more technical left hand that opened up into a slightly down hill straight leading to a small incline before the next corner. The next corner was a tricky one, it was a 90 degree left, it was nice and slippery though with lots of loose gravel all day (one of my spin outs). The last corner was very fast and extremely fun, the speed was very abrubtly halted by a small gate that led into the final and only slalom. Being that this was the first event of the season I was able to justify 2 spin outs. The next event is this weekend at the same locale. I will take more video and have another entry after the weekend. Also at this event I will be competing with my brothers in their DSP miata, and my dad will be co-driving my STi. I amy have some buddies come up and drive their cars too. One is a 2011 mustang GT 5.0 the other is a Hyundai Genesis coupe 2.0t. Should be a good weekend and I am definately looking forward to it.