Exhaust question/opinion

sourdeeezz

hey guys!
New to the forum here, but I love what I see so far.
quick question about an exhaust for a 2007 STI, I am on the fence between the Cobb exhaust and the Crawford Performance "gymkhana" exhaust. Does anyone have either of these and what do you think of them/it?

thanks everyone!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Welcome to IGOTASTI.COM!!!

It depends on your other supporting mods honestly. I would say stick to the cobb for better overall flow. Depending on your tune and supporting mods, you can run a straightpipe like the gymkhana exhaust. (Overpriced. Go get a straightpipe fabbed for $200)

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Those two exhausts are vastly different in sound level. I have a Cobb SS 3" catback installed and it's
nice and throaty without being too loud. The gymkhana exhaust is likely to have the cops glued to you
on a regular basis. Look up videos on YouTube for examples of different exhaust notes on STIs.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I had a straightpipe for a year. As sick as it is, be prepared to dump a grand in equipment violations. :tup:

zax

The Cobb is my favorite exhaust for GDs. Just loud enough for aural stimulation, but quiet enough not to drone badly on the highway.

ZachTTLM

The Gymkana is super loud and draws a lot of unwanted attention. We had a customer that had one that was so loud you could hear his car miles away after leaving the shop. The Cobb has a great exhaust, I also like the Invidia N1 for these cars as well if you are looking at all options.