EXTERNAL WASTEGATE

JuanSTI

SO I ALREADY ORDERED A AMR UPPIPE WHICH IS 2.5 IN DIAMETER NOW FOR LATER ON I WANT TO GET A EWG HOW WOULD I MAKE THAT WORK? I WILL ALSO BE GETTING HEADERS BUT LATER ON I JUST WANT TO BE INFORMED CORRECTLY SO I DONT MESS UP

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Well, to answer your question: you'd probably have to get another up-pipe, or get some custom exhaust work done to weld on a flange for the ewg.

But why do you think you'll be going with an EWG? I know they're cool, but are you getting it because you need it or want it?

Thirdly, 2.5" is really big for the uppipe. That sounds like a good way to hurt performance.

JuanSTI

well the ewg i thought i needed but if i dont then wahtever and how much will it hurt the performance and will it hurt for a daily driver?

35r

I have an EWG, and i Daily Drive.. its fine. but unless you have a turbo upgrade you have no need for it. also you will have to have exhaust work done.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
If it were me, i'd get a stock sized up-pipe without the EWG. AFAIK, an EWG really only helps if the IWG isnt up to the task and you're getting boost creep...and for sound.

There are better places to spend the money.