Fake Friends

Z1107

Really having a bad day. I cant believe it but one of my closest friends of 12 yrs. has decided that I cannot be his friend anymore because of my car and his drinking problem. He is a severe alcoholic and let it be known that because I dont drive a mustang like the rest of my friends Im a loser and a fast and furious wannabe. Ive spoken to him before about his alcohol problem and how he can become very arrogant and say shitty things to friends, but it always comes down to im a ricer loser. This has all began since I beat his Saleen in a friendly race. Because of this he actually sold his 04 Saleen and bought a supercharged 94 Saleen. My roommate went to go meet him and our other friends to go for our weekly mtn ride which I stayed at home. My phone went ballistic for 2 hrs straight with notifications of snide comments that he proceeded to go through my photo album of the rex and leave and wall posts. I just spent 25 minutes going through and deleting them and him from my account. I know im coming off whiney right now but I have to vent. It sucks when your closest friend is doing his SUT/SERE training and wont be reachable until November. So if anyone knows of some good jobs in the Fayetteville area let me know im seriously thinking of moving to that area.:(

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Sorry to here this... Sucks that you spent all that energy over the years to maintain a friendship that inevitably went south over seemingly stupid shit. I would drop him and move on, but that sounds like that's what your doing. I'm sure it is painful in a way but you might be best just to move on especially when alcohol gets in the way. This is more an issue with him and you are the collateral damage. Eventually when he hits rock bottom he may come around but that would probably be to late.

And then there's the mustang mentality. I have come to the conclusion that there is no reasoning with these people no matter how many time you lay the smack down on them they just keep coming back.

Put the two of them together and you are left with pure crazy.

Just know that we are here and we make good friends too.

Z1107

Ive learned how great you guys are here and I completely appreciate community here. My roommate drives a cobra and gives me hell over the rex but its just the usual banter between friends, and he completely appreciates the fact that everyone has their preferences. It sucks I feel like im failing as a friend by dropping him, but I can take only so much. I went and did a two mile run to clear my head and have come to the conclusion its time to relocate. If youve never lived in Ga, its a black hole.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I think the Carolina's are the place to be these days. If it wasn't for my job I'd be in Fayetteville right now tuning cars for SpecOps. There is nothing else keeping me here.

Z1107

The past couple of days Ive been looking into local jobs online, but their is nothing in my career field available right now. Alaska has plenty but I dont want to move their quite yet.

Vermont

The past couple of days Ive been looking into local jobs online, but their is nothing in my career field available right now. Alaska has plenty but I dont want to move their quite yet.

What do you do? There are a lot of opportunities in the metro DC area....

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Zach I get it all the time trust me. People bust me non stop because of IGOTASTi.com and IGOTAEVO.com.

I told them I eat rice cause it keeps me skinny, lol. Now everyone wants to ride the train since we are doing well. I don't need them now since all they did was bust my balls in the first place.

People don't surprise me anymore.

Vermont

Law enforcement.

You have any combat arms experience? Also a clearance? Lockhead has some sweet security jobs open right now in both northern VA and in norfork. Was looking at taking one before I decided to start up my college.

Z1107

Nope broke my ankle in OSUT. Just civy cop training. I'm working with a recruiter right now dealing with all the red tape to go back, but if it doesnt pan out...

I dont know how you feel about going out here, but Plano, TX and McKinney, TX have some of, if not the highest paid police in the state, but a long list of applicants, so they can pick from the best. I am not sure now but back 5 years ago Plano only accepted experienced officers and not ones fresh out of the academy. Add to that no real violent crime to speak of. I also know the state troopers are always looking for applicants.
And as crazy as it may sound, my brother is an officer in the US Coast Guard, you would be a walk in I am sure with them with prior police experience. Their pysical and medical requirements are different than the 4 miitary branches, less physical requirements and they take conditions the others wont, like possibly say your ankle. I could ask him specifically if you would like.

Z1107

Thanks I just spoke to a recruiter for DHS yesterday and they wanted to send me to Barrow Alaska, if no one is familiar, it is the northernmost city in North America, on the north coast of Alaska in the arctic circle. Ive got some phone interviews with some private companies in Colorado, North Carolina, and Virginia. Also going through the waiver process for reenlistment with the army.

I talked to him, he said it would depend on the RE code on your DD-214. Each branch + the coast guard has a different list of what they will take, will take with waver, and wont take no matter what. He also said it changes every month depending on the recuitment needs of each branch each month. right now he said looking at the list anything below a 2 would require waivers.
You can also go to reserves and then transfer latteraly to active. The re codes are lower for the reserves and you could come in at a higher rank based on your experience.
He also said you can petition your Congressman to have you reinstated or have your RE code changed.

Z1107

I appreciate the offer but I have no interest in the Coast Guard, I want army EOD or HUMINT if I go back. On the waver side everything is looking good, was okay'd by personal doc and MEPS doc just have to drop some weight I put on after being incapable of excercise for 6 months. Plus having Hypothyroidism doesnt help, but im steadily getting there.