Five O Motorsports Side Feed Injectors

SSJBaku

Is anyone using the 1200cc Injectors from Five-o motorsports, its up in they air between these and the deatschwerks 1100s, heard decent things about the DW, but of course they are almost 300$ more than the Five-o...i know big side feeds are harder to tune than top feeds, but with my decision to not use e85 i dont see a reason to do the conversion when i already have tgv deletes, rails, and waiting on a rr-afpr for my fuel set up

heres the link PN 110831200

http://www.fiveomotorsport.com/import-high-performance-fuel-injectors/subaru

Td_d

Commander In Chief
I'm using the 1200 top feeds. Took some work to get the latencies completely right, but working perfectly for me.

SSJBaku

thats what i was figuring, no one had every went in depth with them, but the general idea i heard was it just took more time on tuning, besides that no problems

ZachTTLM

you would be better to go with DeatschWerks. The Five Os are not consistent which make it difficult to tune not to mention make things undependable.

SSJBaku

ok thats cool, id rather shell out the extra money to have the car run better, didn't know if it was just the DW name being priced higher or something else i appreciate all the input

ZachTTLM

ok thats cool, id rather shell out the extra money to have the car run better, didn't know if it was just the DW name being priced higher or something else i appreciate all the input​

Contact us if we can help you in anyway. We carry many different brands of injectors for these so which ever decision you make I would be happy to help you out.

SSJBaku

yeah everyone likes top feeds but for now im not conforming lol, sticking with the side feeds until i decide to change plans if that happens

SSJBaku

yeah thats why i wanted to go big so i could keep idc's low figure 1100s on a t60r is plenty of head room

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
As long as you understand that above 80% IDC side feed is prone to issues and that the design is garbage.

You have proof of this? I have never had issues with sidefeeds above 80% IDC... I had my Deatschwerks 740's up to 110% at one point and the Five0 1000's up to 95%. Fuel trims and AFR's were always consistent. As for the design? I see nothing wrong with it.

Just my $.02:tup:

SSJBaku

i know if i was to go e85 that top feed would be a must for any decent boost levels, but being that we only have 2 e85 pumps in a 70 mile radius doesn't seem like a good idea, plus then id have to sell my meth kit i just got haha

SSJBaku

now here would be the other question to go along with this, i already have the APS Sidefeed fuel rails, would it be worth it to look into getting an aftermarket fuel pressure regulator to install all at once, or just use stock regulator

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Historical forum data. Also, remember you may just have luck with injectors. TD_D got some good five-o injectors, but I think my 2000cc were shit. Even researching online with other builds, etc many guys had a good experience.

Yet adversely (your self and TD_D excluded) it could also be lack of tuning knowledge that these people are having difficulty. All I can say is I consistently have good results with side feed injectors. I have yet to find a bad set. :tup:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I might suggest an aftermarket FPR. The stock unit is limited flow wise.

SSJBaku

only problem is id like to run stainless lines, but it would require replumbing the aps kit as i have been unable to find any JIC to AN adapters

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Adam: Ive always seen nothing but problems out of stock modded injectors. Their inconsistant when flow tested from what Ive seen.

Holy: Theit inconsistant past 80% due to the spray pattern and when the Valve opens and closes. They will spray the back of the valve or spray after spark occurs. 110% IDC means it was spraying without stop pretty much which is terriable and will cause all sorts of issues.

I still have yet to observe this though.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
:cool: I'm JustSayin...

I have tuned hundreds now and not just Subaru and I just don't see it. Plus what Rek suggested can be compensated for by simply selecting the proper size fuel injector for the application be it side feed or top feed.