2012 STI (Fully Built) P0172 and P0410 - Various driveability problems.

House03

Stage 3 AWD Tuning Block
Kelford S2 Cams (Stock valves)
Complete Air Delete (Pump, etc, with the exception of required BARO sensor)
PnP Intake Manifold
Perrin AOS
Perrin FMIC
FP Red Turbo (Welded shut for EWG)
Perrin EL Header
Grimmspeed EWG
Grimmspeed EBCS
Nameless Catless Down Pipe
Omni 4 Bar MAP Sensor
83 MM KS Tech Big MAF
Forge BOV (factory recirc back to intake)
Grimmspeed 8 MM Phenolic Spacers (OEM gaskets on both sides)
IAG TGV Deletes
FIC 1100cc Injectors
Perrin Fuel Rails
Perrin FPR set at 43 PSI
AEM 320 LPH Pump
Base map on V3 AccessPort

I recently went all out on a build, received my base map, and after 100-150 miles, I start getting a rich code at cruise (5th gear 50 MPH, 6th gear 60 MPH). The car starts and warms up beautifully after a cold soak, but spits/sputters/stumbles after killing it and restarting (ie-Running into the convenience store, then starting her back up).

I have the slightest exhaust leak on the outlet side of the EWG, vented to atmosphere, so I don't see that being a problem.

Despite the rich code, I decided to check for a vacuum leak because I noticed my AFR (Stock AP reading) bouncing around considerably, and found a leak around brand new FIC injector O-rings at the base of the injector, where they seat in the TGV. I readjusted the spacing on the fuel rails, as I was originally told to space them out so as not to put a strain on the injector body. Upon removing the added washers, the injectors did not seem forced to seat at all, and seems a leak is gone on at least the driver's bank, seems to remain on the passenger's bank.

I've read countless threads on many a forum, and have yet to see any fixes that pertain to this certain situation and given DTC's.

I emailed my tuner week ago, and I nicely requested on Monday the 12th that he give me a call so I could describe my problem, and I have yet to hear anything back.

I understand that the P0410 (secondary air injection) is primarily a startup concern, but does it also operate at cruise speeds??? I'm very familiar with Fords, but I don't know how the air injection system works on a Subie. Should I just replace the lower most injector O-rings and give her another go?????

Any ideas (reasonable ones) would be GREATLY appreciated!

BTW - If you think I forgot anything on the mods list, please feel free to ask!

Thanks!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
[MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION] what do you think?

House03

26816f187b9a12cbc112cc74f3c3f122.jpg

I was at work when I wrote this, but I got home this evening, and my o-ring kit from FIC had arrived.
I just got the new seals buttoned up, and found that the old ones weren't seated all the way in the counter bore (because of the suggestion to lift the rails slightly), so they vibrated around and shaved a groove into the flat portion of the seal.
The driver's side seals, for some odd reason, were damaged more than the passenger's side, hence the reason one side smoothed out after the removal of the spacer, and second brake cleaner test.
Now for a test drive, hopefully it's better!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
[MENTION=4577]TK-421[/MENTION]