Found a member's ride!

freshasf*ck

So I was walking around today and out of nowhere I seen a STi I've never seen around before, VERY CLEAN! :tard:

After I was off work and everything, I went over to the parking lot where I had seen it and noticed the "igotasti.com" windshield decal and the original STi badge on the grille. VERY NICE! Cleanest STi I've seen in person for a long time :)

I'm from Colorado but I'm currently in California, southern California.

I don't own a STi but eventually I'll get one. Right now I'm working on getting a 350z or a 370z to have fun and enjoy some rear wheel drive, originally I planned on getting a STi but my friend talked me into a 350 or 370 first. When the 350z first came out I always wanted one, so I suppose I'll follow my dreams in order haha :)

Anyway! If you are the owner of the Black STi, I assume either 2004 or 2005?? MAD PROPS.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Welcome to the team.

I wonder who's STi that is. I guess its time for me to find out, lol.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
First, welcome!

Second, you should re-consider the STI! I love the 370, with the cool auto-rev-match feature, but the STI is a great car. How did they win you over to the Nissan side? I'll counter any of their arguements! :lol:

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Welcome.

Z cars are cool and much sexier looking but I believe the STi to be more practical and capable in many aspects.
Do you always do what your friends do? Be a rebel and join our side. Lol

freshasf*ck

Haha well the thing is, I've always loved Nissans. My first car... Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 2005, my all time favorite car is the Nissan Skyline, I always wanted to swap the QR engine in my Sentra and I was going to do it with the VQ. After a while, I was tired of front wheel drive... I started looking into WRX's and STis and Evos. Absolutely fell in love with Suburu, especially when I met one of the managers from a shop back home in Colorado who had a 500 HP daily FAMILY driver Suburu Forrester. HAHAHA

I almost bought an '05 STi a couple months ago, but my time was limited and I came up short on the money. I looked beyond it and decided to wait for my time to come. After a while, I thought... well, if I have this Sentra still with no engine swap, why not just buy a 350 or 370? My friend has a 350z and he loves it. He's going to start getting into drifting soon and I've always wanted to give it a shot. Expensive hobby, but totally worth it. :)

Drifting was always something I looked into, but never really seen myself trying it. One day back home in Colorado at a car meet I went to, there was a drift team with 240s and silvias, all designed the same but with their own unique finishing touches. I was amazed by their performance as they left the meet early drifting the same intersection in the same exact path just barely inches away from each other!

So my thought now is... FWD then RWD and after that... AWD! :D

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Combine them FWD *AND* RWD = AWD!

PS, with the sti you can go FOUR wheel drifting in the mud, snow, etc... rally style!

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Haha well the thing is, I've always loved Nissans. My first car... Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 2005, my all time favorite car is the Nissan Skyline, I always wanted to swap the QR engine in my Sentra and I was going to do it with the VQ. After a while, I was tired of front wheel drive... I started looking into WRX's and STis and Evos. Absolutely fell in love with Suburu, especially when I met one of the managers from a shop back home in Colorado who had a 500 HP daily FAMILY driver Suburu Forrester. HAHAHA

I almost bought an '05 STi a couple months ago, but my time was limited and I came up short on the money. I looked beyond it and decided to wait for my time to come. After a while, I thought... well, if I have this Sentra still with no engine swap, why not just buy a 350 or 370? My friend has a 350z and he loves it. He's going to start getting into drifting soon and I've always wanted to give it a shot. Expensive hobby, but totally worth it. :)

Drifting was always something I looked into, but never really seen myself trying it. One day back home in Colorado at a car meet I went to, there was a drift team with 240s and silvias, all designed the same but with their own unique finishing touches. I was amazed by their performance as they left the meet early drifting the same intersection in the same exact path just barely inches away from each other!

So my thought now is... FWD then RWD and after that... AWD! :D

Gota love them 240's... s14 though :D

2012-11-19_12-14-22_HDR-1.jpg

freshasf*ck

Don't worry Grinder, I'll get an STi eventually :)

HolyCrapItsFast I really wanted a s14 or s15, the actual Silvia from Japan, not the American 240 or a 240 to Silvia conversion! Haha that would have been a total of about 20-30 grand though :(
I would have definitely settled with a 240 given the opportunity though ;)

Lenny, I'm from Aurora. It's about 15 minutes from Denver :)
I miss Colorado! Mostly my car but hey... Colorado is still beautiful! haha

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Yeah I would give my left nut for a real RHD Silvia, but at least I can take solice in the fact that I, at least, have a real kouki whether it is JDM or USDM. I can also take solice in the fact that there were only 3650 of the 97's made in the US. I did have to change out that GHEY USDM bumper though, but that's all I did.

The thing I like more about the USDM cars is that they have the KA... It is a much better base to work with as far as boosting and making some real power if that is your goal. The SR is weak sauce IMO

My dream car is either an r33 or an r34.

Last edited:

freshasf*ck

Yeah I would give my left nut for a real RHD Silvia, but at least I can take solice in the fact that I, at least, have a real kouki whether it is JDM or USDM. I can also take solice in the fact that there were only 3650 of the 97's made in the US. I did have to change out that GHEY USDM bumper though, but that's all I did.

The thing I like more about the USDM cars is that they have the KA... It is a much better base to work with as far as boosting and making some real power if that is your goal. The SR is weak sauce IMO

My dream car is either an r33 or an r34.

R34 Hands down! I'd be one happy soul to have a machine as beautiful as an R34..