Gathering info 03-07 impreza wrx/sti

Gregory Ment

Hello,
i know this may sound a bit silly but ive been in love with imprezas since i was 5 , i am planning to buy either a wrx/sti hawkeye/blobeye it will depend on the info that i have and money. I live in Slovakia, central europe. Theres not that many people that do own exotic cars most people just buy a german diesel daily car , thats why im gathering info on the internet and also because i do not have a father or any man that i would ask these questions and consult them. I guess i will start with the price , i m constantly looking for hawkeyes mainly and some blobeyes on mobilede or autoscout and the prices that i found were 8,5-13k ?wrx blobeye , sti blobeye 15k? and more, hawkeye wrx 13,5k? and sti hawkeye 17k? and upwards. Which one i choose from them i dont really care, i just want to choose the best option, personally i think that hawkeye sti is a great investment because a lot of japanese iconic cars are going up in value. I wont be driving it a ton max 8000km a year. I dont know what mileage is alright to buy , i was looking mainly up to 130k km if thats fine indont know. The next thing i would like to learn about are breakes , shock absorbers and oil. How much does each thing cost - average quality i wont be tearing it up mostly just cruising. Also tires i want just a basic level of equipment , first to learn and upgrade after. I heard that the transmission is a better in the sti but i dont know how big of a difference does it make, and also the difference in consumption between wrx/sti is really low and i dont care either way. Ive heard that unequal length headers and swaybars are great for these cars , how much does it cost to install such things and how big of an improvement do they make? I would also be looking for an aftermarket exhaust but dont know the prices i dont want anything extreme just a better than stock nothing much. You may be asking why do i ask so much i know not many of you have the time and stuff but it would help me a ton because i want to be a great owner i want to cuddle the car if you get me. Would you recommend getting any anti stealing stuff like zeder or some gps built in somewhere ? And also for other upgrades i would just get jvc display maybe parking camera and some nice speakers but mainly the display i dont intend to spend more than 200-300 euros on this. I also like sparcos seats and steering wheels but dont know if worth. Im 5,9" and 65kilos. Last thing i wanted to ask how is the clutch how much money and i heard its good to replace it after like 100k km - i will most likely end up buying one with around 100k km .
If anyone responds i very much aprecciate it it helps me out a ton because im clueless as of now. Also i forgot , whats ur take on 2.0/2.5 i dont see a lot of 2.0 on the sites mainly the 2.5 both wrx and sti.
Thanks for any responds.

Hello,
i know this may sound a bit silly but ive been in love with imprezas since i was 5 , i am planning to buy either a wrx/sti hawkeye/blobeye it will depend on the info that i have and money. I live in Slovakia, central europe. Theres not that many people that do own exotic cars most people just buy a german diesel daily car , thats why im gathering info on the internet and also because i do not have a father or any man that i would ask these questions and consult them. I guess i will start with the price , i m constantly looking for hawkeyes mainly and some blobeyes on mobilede or autoscout and the prices that i found were 8,5-13k €wrx blobeye , sti blobeye 15k€ and more, hawkeye wrx 13,5k€ and sti hawkeye 17k€ and upwards. Which one i choose from them i dont really care, i just want to choose the best option, personally i think that hawkeye sti is a great investment because a lot of japanese iconic cars are going up in value. I wont be driving it a ton max 8000km a year. I dont know what mileage is alright to buy , i was looking mainly up to 130k km if thats fine indont know. The next thing i would like to learn about are breakes , shock absorbers and oil. How much does each thing cost - average quality i wont be tearing it up mostly just cruising. Also tires i want just a basic level of equipment , first to learn and upgrade after. I heard that the transmission is a better in the sti but i dont know how big of a difference does it make, and also the difference in consumption between wrx/sti is really low and i dont care either way. Ive heard that unequal length headers and swaybars are great for these cars , how much does it cost to install such things and how big of an improvement do they make? I would also be looking for an aftermarket exhaust but dont know the prices i dont want anything extreme just a better than stock nothing much. You may be asking why do i ask so much i know not many of you have the time and stuff but it would help me a ton because i want to be a great owner i want to cuddle the car if you get me. Would you recommend getting any anti stealing stuff like zeder or some gps built in somewhere ? And also for other upgrades i would just get jvc display maybe parking camera and some nice speakers but mainly the display i dont intend to spend more than 200-300 euros on this. I also like sparcos seats and steering wheels but dont know if worth. Im 5,9" and 65kilos. Last thing i wanted to ask how is the clutch how much money and i heard its good to replace it after like 100k km - i will most likely end up buying one with around 100k km .
If anyone responds i very much aprecciate it it helps me out a ton because im clueless as of now. Also i forgot , whats ur take on 2.0/2.5 i dont see a lot of 2.0 on the sites mainly the 2.5 both wrx and sti.
Thanks for any responds.

Welcome Gregory Ment,
Lets see, that's a lot of questions you have, where to start. First of all, I personally prefer the blob eye STI. Mainly because of the looks. That being said, I personally would start out by defining what my budget is for the car. From there you can start looking at what falls inline with available funds. However, if money is no issue go with the STI. In my opinion its a better base all around.
Try and look for one that is as stock as possible. Sounds like you are still new to these cars and have a lot of learning to do. So no offense, but you may not at this time possess the knowledge or skill set to tell if a car has modified correctly or taken care of correctly. Which leads me to my next point.

Take the car to a trusted mechanic that can give the car a full once over. Make sure the car is healthy and no major issues are hiding in the car somewhere. Also, try and get some history on any car you look at. Some examples include maintenance records, modifications etc.

As far as Modifications go for the what ever car you end up with. Take your time learn to drive the car as it is in stock forum and enjoy it that way for a while. This will help you understand the strengths and weaknesses of your vehicle. Don't get hung up on i have this, this and this done to my car look how awesome it is. I say this because both the WRX and the STI are both awesome cars in there stock forum and due take some time to get used to and even more time to fully understand them.
Lastly, feel free to ask questions. Everyone here at IGOTASTI.COM is friendly and more than willing to help where we can.

Hopefully, this helps you.