GD George's cars (Retired)

60md

Thank you TD!

Unfortunately the 04's don't have the exhaust AVCS. :| I wish they did because I probably could have better refined it. I don't have his AVCS specifically because I can see his maps in my ATR but here is mine and they are similar. I used the same strategy here because of the size and spool characteristics of my turbo. His ended up very similar.

AVCS-1.jpg

Thats wierd, this looks really familiar. haha!

60md

Since I finally have a few minutes, I would like to put a post up here giving much credit and thanks to George. His incredible (and overwhelming!) knowledge about subaru's and tuning is nothing short of genius! This forum is incredibly lucky to have him here, sharing all of his insights, help and advice! My car now feels better than ever and I couldn't be happier. George's tune made all of the blood, sweat, more blood, and crazy glue to seal the 1/2" deep 3" long gash in my hand entirely worth it! I can't thank you enough for taking the time to come out and work your magic. I'm proud to say, you can rape my ecu anytime!!!

Adam

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hey did you take Bob for a ride yet?

Last edited:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Since I finally have a few minutes, I would like to put a post up here giving much credit and thanks to George. His incredible (and overwhelming!) knowledge about subaru's and tuning is nothing short of genius! This forum is incredibly lucky to have him here, sharing all of his insights, help and advice! My car now feels better than ever and I couldn't be happier. George's tune made all of the blood, sweat, more blood, and crazy glue to seal the 1/2" deep 3" long gash in my hand entirely worth it! I can't thank you enough for taking the time to come out and work your magic. I'm proud to say, you can rape my ecu anytime!!!

Adam

Any time buddy. Thanks for the props!

60md

No problem! Next time I will make sure the battery in the laptop lasts more than 2 seconds! Hahaha!

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I need head gaskets again. I was doing some open loop tuning and it started blowing coolant out the overflow under boost.

Fuck my life... Engine #5 here I come!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I need head gaskets again. I was doing some open loop tuning and it started blowing coolant out the overflow under boost.

Fuck my life... Engine #5 here I come!

:rofl: I'm not laughing at you I'm laughing with you.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Well it's perfectly drivable as long as I stay below 16psi of boost. I am reaching a level but what level I don't know. I just shrug this stuff off at this point and I see it as an opportunity to throw another engine in. :D Spec C heads and 272's here I come!

As far as details go... I ran WOT in every gear multiple times and suddenly the windshield was covered in coolant and the engine over heated from there. I pulled over and emptied the over flow tank back into the radiator and I limped it home.

The good news is I collected enough data to derive perfect open loop MAF scaling :tard: It kinda sucks because I had just prepared a map to increase boost and finally see what this turbo is capable of and now this happens.

I wana feel what 25psi on a 60lbs turbo feels like damn it!!!

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
YOU've never felt it??? It sure feels good ;) Feels even better when you're in the passenger seat lol My last tuner did a couple final street runs to check the tune and it felt ALOT more powerful than when I drive lol

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
YOU've never felt it??? It sure feels good ;) Feels even better when you're in the passenger seat lol My last tuner did a couple final street runs to check the tune and it felt ALOT more powerful than when I drive lol

Oh I can just taste it! How sweet the nectar will be!!!:cool:

George, let me know if you want help on the 5th engine. I'll drag Gino into it to make sure you get what you need when it comes to building her up.

Hey I certainly appreciate it... I think I actually have everything ready to go. I played it smart this time. Buying one part here... another there and behold... Engine ready to be assembled. It's not urgent so I can take my time. mic everything up and double check everything. :tup:

Sweet lord....5th motor tho? Damn bro lol u go hard

sent from HTC Inspire using Tapatalk

Heck it's not like I even have to replace the motor. The bottom end is the tit's right now and the heads I can deal with for a while. I just figured since I'm in there doing head gaskets I might as well do the rest of it. :D

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Wow your great! You are perfectly welcome to help out! I most definitely would love the assistance... I'm just not sure when I will actually be doing this. I have to see how much vacation time i have and when the engine hoist and stand will be available. I'm currently nuilding my friends motor and that is taking up all my tools and time at the moment.