GD George's cars (Retired)

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
No worries guys. I was actually looking forward to it

60md

We can always tow it to the shop! Plus you get to check out all the hot girls that are walking around the lake! It may take twice as long, but well worth the distractions!

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
LOL... Thanks for the offer! I'm good on the driveway. I've done it allot and I have a system now. I can have the motor out of the car and on the stand ready to be torn down is less than an hour. I think with all the eye candy I will be making mistakes that I can't afford.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Oh yes I know... I already learned my lesson with Cometic... or should I say crapmetic. hehe.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I think that may apply to something like hydro-lock. That's the only thing I can think of where a loosely sealed gasket would help rather than hinder.

My buddies Silvia has the issue where the head blows off the engine under heavy boost and he is a bit tired of this happening. I'm not sure what gaskets he's using though.

In our case it is not that the after market gaskets are stronger per say but that the stock gaskest are more forgiving when the head moves around under heavy boost and extreme conditions. The stock gaskets have a pleat, or a fold in the metal if you will, surrounding the cylinder bore and this rebounds and maintains its seal when the head moves off the block. Subaru had a tremendous amount a head gasket issues back in the day and they have put a lot of research into their current gasket design. Now this is not to say that after market gaskets don't employ a similar design. I just think Subaru had more time to contemplate materials and design that is best suited for their engines

60md

LOL... Thanks for the offer! I'm good on the driveway. I've done it allot and I have a system now. I can have the motor out of the car and on the stand ready to be torn down is less than an hour. I think with all the eye candy I will be making mistakes that I can't afford.

Yea you're right..as usual!:lol:

I think that may apply to something like hydro-lock. That's the only thing I can think of where a loosely sealed gasket would help rather than hinder.

My buddies Silvia has the issue where the head blows off the engine under heavy boost and he is a bit tired of this happening. I'm not sure what gaskets he's using though.

In our case it is not that the after market gaskets are stronger per say but that the stock gaskest are more forgiving when the head moves around under heavy boost and extreme conditions. The stock gaskets have a pleat, or a fold in the metal if you will, surrounding the cylinder bore and this rebounds and maintains its seal when the head moves off the block. Subaru had a tremendous amount a head gasket issues back in the day and they have put a lot of research into their current gasket design. Now this is not to say that after market gaskets don't employ a similar design. I just think Subaru had more time to contemplate materials and design that is best suited for their engines

LOL using the headgasket on an SR20 as a sort of boost limiter sounds about right. :lol:

The SR20 guys are only a few ticks above the DSM guys. IMO Filled with a bunch of young tards... Like I was when I had my SR20. :D

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
LOL. I never thought of it that way... Gives a whole new meaning to "Internal Wastegate"

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
So I will soon be in possession of a super top secret device. :drool:

It will be a prototype unit and I will be the only person in the world with this besides the original designer. The intention is to provide end user feedback and criticism and to promote the device to the community to gauge marketability. I am to test ease of installation and initial programming and provide feed back on features and functionality and to make suggestions for improving the design and functions.

It will be multifunctional with a variety of inputs and outputs and it is Subaru-centric for our cars only! That's pretty much all I'm allowed to say at the moment but I will soon have it and install it and I will provide more info at that time. I'm very excited! :tard:

I'll give you a hint. It goes in the clock pod area. Maybe I'll give you a little more... It connects to the ECU. :cool:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
You better pm me in the fab 4 forum. I gotta know NOW!

Last edited:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
You better pm me in the fab 4 forum. I gotta know NOW!

Okay if you promise not to spill the beans to anyone. I'm bound by an agreement.

Fab 4?

George, make it function to my standards. That is all. :tard:

LOL... I plan on getting your input the most of all. It is something that is right up your alley.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Wow Fuji wait till you see this. I'm blown away. I can't wait to learn and see more. This is right up your alley my friend.

FL4TTURBO

LOL using the headgasket on an SR20 as a sort of boost limiter sounds about right. :lol:

The SR20 guys are only a few ticks above the DSM guys. IMO Filled with a bunch of young tards... Like I was when I had my SR20. :D

One of my good buddies is an SR geek. His car is a S14 with the redtop motor, 2871R turbo, etc etc. Car is very quick n he tracks it. It's taken lots of abuse but then again its the second motor that's been in the car. Believe me he's quite avid about that motor over any subaru motor but to each his own, he is very 'in the dark' when it comes to subaru motors. I'd take that SR over most 4G63 motors in a heartbeat tho.

sent from HTC Inspire using Tapatalk