godzilla killa journal. a 2006 sti

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Im excited for the unveiling!

finallymysti

so today i went to fabspeed to get an estimate on my exhaust. for those of you that don't know, fabspeed is a highend performance parts manufacturer/car shop. they work on everything from porsches to the new mclaren. suffice to say i was apprehensive of what they would think of this "tuner car" i'm bringing in. so when they pull my sti in and put it on the lift i figured nobodie would pay it any attention. i was wrong, everybody in the shop came over and was looking at my car. i overheard some of them saying how awesome the ewg is. it felt so good to see these people that are around twin turbo porsches and ferrari's all day, admiring MY car.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Awesome. :)

What did you get done there?

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Fabspeed makes nice stuff. You should be in good hands.

People who own those types of cars are definitely aware of what your STi is and what it is capable of. They are automotive enthusiasts just like everyone else.

Trust me on this one. ;)

finallymysti

Fabspeed makes nice stuff. You should be in good hands.

People who own those types of cars are definitely aware of what your STi is and what it is capable of. They are automotive enthusiasts just like everyone else.

Trust me on this one. ;)

Yeah. I knew that but it was still very cool

finallymysti

first track event update

so I had my first track event of the season this past weekend. it was great, I was passing stuff left and right. I need to move up a class. had great fun chasing a new 991 Porsche that had toyo r888 in 285 width. also there was this f-tard that essentially pushed me off track. he was in a fully built e46 m3 race car. I was on his tail for a whole lap. he finally gives me the point by on the front straight just as my door gets to his rear quarter panel he starts drag racing me to the first corner. i'm still pulling on him but not much. i didn't have enough space to slow down by the first corner so i had to use the run off area. so i pulled into the pits and told the flagger what happened and he told me "yeah, i saw him dragging you the whole way, that was ridiculus" so afterwards i walked over to him and told him i didn't appreciate what he did. he didn't even apologize, instead he told me he lifted. now i have a straight pipe and ewg, i heard him on the throttle over my own car at full throttle, dude was just but hurt that my streetable jap import was faster than his 75k bimmer. now for some vids

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Im surprised he didnt get black-flagged for that!

PS, what class are you in now? And when's the gran unveiling?!

Also...I may have already asked you this, but what did you do for brake ducts? I made a trip to home depot racing today and things dont fit together quite as nicely as I'd like.

finallymysti

grand unveiling will be in about a month. stuff and funds changed so it won't be as grand as planned :( . i'm still in nasa 3, pca black, or what ever the equivalent is for the organization I'm running with. it was the bmw at the end of video 3. I don't know if he got black flagged or not cause I was already in the paddock. but he definatley should have. pm me your number ill text you some picks of my brake ducts. but for the most part the main components are roo ducts, and the quantum motorsports brake backing duct plate. I think I need a different type of hose for smoother air flow. also for now i'm using wrx foglight with the hose epoxied to it. I think I could come up with a better inlet though, so i'll be experimenting some this season.

finallymysti

so this Friday I had a trackday at Pocono raceway. it was full of ups and downs. I started the day by getting to tech later then I like. but while I was in the tech line and moving the car some random person came up to me and told me the car sounded pretty nasty. that made me feel good and thought it would be a good day. so the first session I get out 5 minutes late. oh well. they re did the infield and it took me a tad to get used to the new lay out. the first session went by without a hich. then it was time for my second session. so I was watching the temp gauge for the first half of the seesion and it was stable so I was an idiot and stopped checking it. then I pull into the pits and let the car idle. after checking my tires with the pyrometer I pop my head in to turn off the car and to my horror the temp gauge is pegged to the top. at this point I turn the car off and start thinking about how much damage was done. let the car cool down and skipped the next session. so once it cooled down I checked the oil to see if it had coolant in it or vice versa oil in the coolant. everything checked out. next I turned the car on and listened intensly to hear if anything sounded different and it didn't. so the rest of the day I could only do 10 minute sessions. but I did get a new personal top speed in my car, 158 mph. I was much faster than everybody through the bowl, and this was the advanced instructor group, which really made me question what qualifies someone to be an instructor when your passing a gt3 rs 3.8. so now I'm going to do a leakdown compression test to see if I messed anything up. also a pressure test on the cooling system. I think it will come out good though. I also got a possible new sponsor which is exciting. so now its a waiting game on cooling parts until I can do another event :(

Grinder34

Track Monkey
ps, at least the guy in the GT3 is going too slowly...better than too fast. At my last track day last year a guy in a GT3 didnt even make it out of pit lane on the parade lap before wrecking into a tire wall.