Great White's 2015 ISM STi 400HP/400TQ Build

Great White

I jacked up my car using the oil pan instead of the jack up plate. Drove it around unknowing, starved it for oil, & blew the turbo and 2 cylinders.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I jacked up my car using the oil pan instead of the jack up plate. Drove it around unknowing, starved it for oil, & blew the turbo and 2 cylinders.
OH CRAP!

Great White

Waiting on the rod bolts... The only thing standing between us to get this motor built and back in the car. Hopefully they come soon!

Great White

Went and visited the car and dropped some stuff off at the shop. Got to take the infamous engine missing picture:

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.

Also, the engine should be together and in the car by Thursday. So I finally pulled the trigger on some Pirelli Sottozero 3's in 235/45r17 for the winter. They be wrapping these quite nicely!

All in all very progressive week with the car. Got the heads back again after sending them out to get ported for the cams. The header came in. Finally assembly is on Wednesday. All we are waiting on is the fuel rails now. Should be moving under it's on power on Monday when I go up there to put the tune on it.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Rims look sick! More pics asap!

Great White

Received this photo Thursday night.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x576.

After all the humps we have gone through getting everything perfect and ready it was nice to see it put back together. Late Saturday night I received another email with these pictures:

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x682.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x682.

Needless to say right now it is in the car, running on break-in tune, and was broken in on the dyno. Tonight after work I am going to pick it up. I am very excited to say the least. APM Tuned wants me to get through about 1,000 miles and bring it back for an inspection and oil change. If everything is swell, it will be time to get her tuned. I cannot wait!

Great White

Also, little side note for spring. I have my winter wheels and tires on now, so I started looking into selling my stockers and getting some new wheels for spring. I came across a great deal and actually traded my stock wheels and tires for some RPF1s. I am still undecided if I am going to keep them or not, but I got a good deal I couldn't pass up. Here is a teaser of my winter wheels/tires and a picture of the RPF1s on the previous owners car (which happened to be ISM as well).

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x576.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Where the hell is your wideband placed? Looks like its in the door! Maybe a vent... Cant tell.

Great White

Haha it is 3M taped to the piece of trim to the left of my steering wheel above the factory switch panel over there. I was waiting on getting my SMY Gauge Pod. I will be putting that in tonight along with my JDM Armrest. Everything else on the waiting to install list will go on in spring!