Header?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Here is the million dollar question. I'm looking to get a set of header pipes and wanna know who makes the best pipes. I'm running Invidia V3 DP and Invidia N1 street exhaust with 93 octane protune map. I wanna hear the motor aittle more and what HP will I pick up with a set of pipes?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Have you checked out anything else? Also I got a good tuner.

bugeye_fever

I've always thought I'd just have the stock manifolds port/polished and coated, but i've never seen a back to back comparison between that and stock. EWG will also help in the noise/power department! haha

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Will do AJ. :)

frankensubie

Killer B makes a really nice header as well...equal pulse length tubes...we did a baseline test on an otherwise stock 06 sti at my former shop and picked up not only15 whp and even more torque , full spool almost 500 rpm faster...the primary tubes are of moderate diameter and flow very well at higher rpms. , the real magic happens with the faster spool up and the fatter broader torque curve we saw ...only thing i hated about em (as i do with many designs for equal length headers ) is it made the subie sound like an evo...yuck

with more mods on the airflow side of things power production would definetly exceed the gains from a stock baseline

Last edited:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Thanks Steve for the information. That's what I want is rock hard data. If I'm gonna spend the money I wanna make sure I get something that is proven to increase HP.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Fuji I'm been reading and looking and now I'm so freaking confused. Ahh.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Well if its so simple fill me in Mr. Smarty pants.

bugeye_fever

^^ Very good to know. I'll take from that, that you like them? Plus I'm sure you can't beat the stock cast manifolds for durability.

Fuji's right though, definetly gotta have a goal in mind. Then build for it.

berdugo

I have custom made EL headers made to fit moroso oil pan and Kaminari Race brace. the design is Killer B inspired but will bolt with stock UP or in my case Crawford 35R kit UP. No data comparison with oem manifold or other headers available since I have it built then Motec tuned afterwards.

Btw I don't mind losing the rumble sound since I never liked it in the first place but that's just me.

icudruln

In terms of what's actually on the market, I definitely like the Litespeed header, and plan on going with it when the time is right. Cost vs proven benefits are awesome. The Killer B header is very unique, but cost is what pushes people away from it; don't get me wrong, I know production costs and the 321SS bump the cost up, but last I checked it was around $1,400.

Last edited:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Well the header I'm going with is the 8 pd litespeed header. I'm going to be ordering this soon. I can't wait to bolt on some more power. :)

sysco

ive ran my borla headers for 30k miles now and have no complaints on my gen 1 dom 3 setup and spool 3-500 rpm faster than same setup with stock headers. the deeper exhaust tone is awesome

SSJBaku

been running GT Spec for almost 3 years, not complaints definitely noticed a difference after installing/tuning

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Ryan Moore from "Moore Performance Race Parts" is making me a one of a kind custom header pipe. No one else will have it and it's going to be trick. Huge power gains and all custom. I will be posting up as we go! Stay tuned. :)