Helllp

SleepyBear

Well I need a new ecu...ecm ...ignition system and other parts. Everything is fried and no telling if my utec is any good. Merry Christmas to me.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Well I need a new ecu...ecm ...ignition system and other parts. Everything is fried and no telling if my utec is any good. Merry Christmas to me.

That's really strange.

SleepyBear

Yeah I believe Sears is paying for it to get fixed. Crossing my fingers! Somehow something got shorted when he man handled my ignition.

Anakin_WRX

just a thought and really of no consequence since it sounds like your about to get all new stuff courtesy of sears :p but I actually just had a very similar issue w my subie last month, I went to start the car and nothing, nadda, zip! long story short, tried replacing the fuel pump, no dice, tried replacing ECU, no dice, tried tracing and testing wires, no dice, turned out to be a dead main power relay (I kept hearing the clicking of a relay sending power along but as the main relay and the fuel pump relay sit right next to each other, the fuel pump relay working and clicking was masking the fact that the main was not...) anyway dunno if the Subie house already checked the relay on yours but just a suggestion...

Last edited:

Anakin_WRX

also as a sidenote, I could not communicate w the ECU through the whole ordeal so it made it appear that I may have bricked the ecu. again a borked main power relay is king of false pretenses so be sure to check that as well :p

SleepyBear

Sears is not paying to get my car fixed. Its at a Subaru dealership and i'm just going to pay and have it fixed. After its fixed i'm selling it as is.

Vermont

Ahhh dude.... That sucks man... Any idea on why sears won't pay out? Has the Subaru dealership figured out what caused the whole incident?

SleepyBear

Subaru Dealership said they found some wires melted/fried in the ignition column basically shorted out a bunch of electrical componets. Do to the aftermarket parts etc Sears is not doing squat!