Hello all, again.

Kryptok

My last post on this site was my introduction post back in August of 2011. I pretty much forgot about this site after that (not on purpose, iwsti gets majority of my attention). Almost two years later I still have the same car, a 2004 JBP STi, the car is much different now! It's funny to look back at that post and then looking at my car now, it's come a long way. So let me try this again, I'm from Columbus, OH. My name is Kevin. Some things about it: it has an FP 20g, 850cc's, 44mm tial EWG, it's straight piped, lots of supporting mods, ETS FMIC, all kinds of stuff. Here is a few pictures of my car:

Edit: I guess I should mention I bought this car completely stock with tons of miles.. Back in Feb, 2011.

What my car looks like when it's super clean :D some people don't like the teeth, a lot of people do. Go ahead and tell me your opinion if you want to.
JvnUOBV.jpg

This is actually a picture of it today (05/16) dirty.. bird crap and all lol..
kFHWpBf.jpg

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Welcome back!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Welcome back fellow ohioan! 04 ftw! :tup: more picture as well of course!

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Welcome back. Do you have a journal somewhere to see all the other supporting mods?

Personally, I like the look of the teeth. And the cleared/blacked-out headlights looks great. But, with all that going on, your car is super aggressive and you need an aggressive wheel setup to match!

Kryptok

Welcome back. Do you have a journal somewhere to see all the other supporting mods?

Personally, I like the look of the teeth. And the cleared/blacked-out headlights looks great. But, with all that going on, your car is super aggressive and you need an aggressive wheel setup to match!

I know :( thats next on the list! I havent decided what wheels yet. I wanted to get rota torques or work emotion xd9's.. but everyone has those and people discourage me from getting rotas. And the price difference is huge.. idk

Grinder34

Track Monkey
I know :( thats next on the list! I havent decided what wheels yet. I wanted to get rota torques or work emotion xd9's.. but everyone has those and people discourage me from getting rotas. And the price difference is huge.. idk

People say bad things about Rotas. The truth is, I'm not totally convinced you need lightweight wheels, ESPECIALLY in a street application where you're not trying to scrape off a 1/100th of a second a lap. See here for more discussion on the topic:
http://www.igotasti.com/vBforum/showthread.php?5275-Light-wheels-and-performance-gains

And as for strength: You can probably buy three sets of Rotas for the price of one set of Volks. Think about it. That's two full sets PLUS two spares for each set assuming that you irreparably damage wheels.

PS, I PMed you

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Rotas are fine.
In the past there may have been some legit issues but I haven't heard anything in the past years.
Literally thousands of people run them daily with no issues.
A set of Volks or Advans may be a huge waste of money for a street or occasional track car.
In the end it's what makes you happy and not others.

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
I'm running Rota Grids and I love them. '04 JBP FTW!!! :tup: Welcome back!

Oh btw....I like the teeth. lol

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I'm rocking O.Z. wheels. Each one only weights 14.7 pds!