HELP: Stock BBS's with 20mm spacers?

Spacers.jpgspacers2.jpg
I have these wheel spacers that were on my car when i bought it. It had ADR J-spec 18" Wheels, but they were trashed. I now have the stock BBS wheels on it and am wondering if i can use these if i mill/lathe out the center lip? The lip is too big for the stock wheels, but seems necessary to create a "wedge" between the hub and wheel if that makes sense? any info would be great! This is for my 06 STI

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
If you mean machine the hub center down to be able to mount he BBS wheels flush with the spacer, then yes you can. (I take it that the hub ring is larger than the BBS hub bore?) Theoretically it helps center the wheel and keeps balancing/vibration down. Actually, if you mount the wheels correctly, cross pattern tightening, then hub rings I don't see as totally necessary.

However, I don't recommend altering anyone's design without careful thought nor am I endorsing you do. Designs, even seemingly simple ones, are that way for a reason. That small lip may actually be thought into the engineering and provide more strength to the slug especially seeing that the mounting holes are in close proximity to those holes. This lip may provide sufficient strength against stress fracture from occurring but when removed it may weaken the part just enough.

You should be fine but still yet a word to the wise that if you fluck it up and wheels go flying off then it's on your shoulders.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
I wouldnt. Get spacers designed for your current setup if you must, or just run without the spacers.

Spamby, wheel centering rings ARE necessary. You can get away without using them, but it doesnt mean you should. I believe getting a set cured a shimmy Lenny was getting, since there's no way to perfectly center the wheel without them. But beyond that, the lug holes aren't designed to take the weight of the car. They probably *can* but they arent designed to and very bad things can happen.

Spamby you hit it right on the money lol. You explained it alot better than I could.. it was late lol. Well looks like I'll be selling these spacers then! I would rather play it safe than go the cheaper route and have my wheels fly off while my gf and son are in the car. Thanks for the quick Input you guys!