HKS Hi-Power Exhaust System - Part # 3106-EX008

Texanscooby

Hi,
Has anyone installed one of these systems on an STI with a rear differential plate? Some sites suggest that this system will not fit but I am sure I read somewhere that with a few tweaks it can be made to fit... any ideas??

Paul.c

Welcome to the site. Glad you found us. You could try buying some extended exhaust hangers. I know that Kartboy makes some. Are you talking about an aftermarket diff plate? What year car and any exhaust mods?

Texanscooby

Thanks for the response.
I am just window shopping and with so many exhaust options I thought I had found an exhaust that gave that boxer rumble - didn't look to Ricer and would fit my 2007 STI. Sadly it appears that with the factory diff plate fitted the HKS won't fit. (By diff plate I mean the plastic finned diffuser) I thought some articles existed where other owners had trimmed or adjusted the hangers or the plate so that this exhaust would fit. Its no big deal there are other options I just have to start looking again.
I guess for another thread I could ask what aftermarket exhaust other 2007 owners use???