How old are you and what do you do for a living?

PlanB

17, student

Working on professional world rally driver. Lol jk..

Undecided on what i wanna pursuit in.

Sent from my SGH-T959D using Tapatalk

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
27. Former Electronics Technician in the US Navy, 8 years.
Currently an Electromagnetic Compatibility/Interference Test Technician for Yazaki.
I run electrical and radiation immunity tests automotive electronics.

We build (and test) wiring harnesses, connectors, clock pods, gauge clusters and
more for most of the major automotive manufacturers.

We built that sweet TFT gauge cluster for the new LF-A that Top Gear UK was raving about.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Thats pretty sweet!

Im 28, I do boring coding and "turning the crank" on running analysis. A well trained monkey could do my job. I'd say a dog, but they have a hard time with the mouse and keyboard.

Last edited:

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
I know what you mean. It's pretty uneventful once you get a test running, a monkey could
monitor the test. But don't sell yourself short. They pay people like you and me to set everything
up properly and problem solve when things don't behave as designed. Sitting on ass, twiddling thumbs
till tests are over just comes with the territory.

35r

28, Lead builder in the "Special Products" division in a tire plant. We hand build Military, Airplane, and Race tires.

f350cummins

23 and I repair robotics at one job, and build custom servers for another. The more you get to know me you will find I am crazy. Unicyclist, juggler, geek, and mechanicly inclined, crossed with athletic, and a twisted sense of humor

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
35, Natural gas compression, cryo units, methane/ethane compression, some plant air units. Electric and engine driven. 5 hp - 7,500 hp units.

27, Army, 12P Prime Power Electrician/12B Combat Engineer. Used to blow shit up and hunt for IEDs as the Combat Engineer, changed jobs to be what is essentially a medium voltage electrician with a rudimentary understanding of mechanical and electrical engineering and a working knowledge of how any generator works.

^Why does a lab-tech need airborne?