How to make the GR steering more stiffer!?

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
@Spamby! great info. I want to have heavier steering feel a little bit. My car is DD no intend to track it.
[MENTION=4684]welaish[/MENTION], may I suggest installing an ALK (anti lift kit) Whiteline makes them as well as others, under different names, but the idea is to have adjustable caster along with a poly bushing, in most cases. The poly bushing will help resist alignment changes under load.
Anither option is to install coil overs with caster adjustability. If your using OEM big springs or coil overs/struts with big springs, you can use Whitelines Com C top hat for some added caster.

[MENTION=1507]Spamby[/MENTION] ALK on my wishlist.

New tyres installed. The car is completely different. It looks like the stock Dunlops have given up. One more question:

Does it make sense to remove the front spacers only and keep the back?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Spacers are only meant to clear brake calipers. (Unless its a lug pattern conversion) Why do you want to only keep the back? (Rear caliper is smaller tgan the front, it would be the other way around)

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Ok well wait and see what spamby says. :tup:

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
It Perrin 15mm spacers aka H&R.
I hate the steering feel with it and i want to keep the look at the back.

Give it a go. I don't see why it wouldn't work?

Oh, throw in some poly pivot bushings for the LCA. Since you'll have them off for the ALK, might as well replace the bubblegum pivot bushing.

I read some uncertain information that the car will be more prone to understeer. Does that make any sense?
Thats why Perrin advise to put 15mm back and 20mm front.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Not sure. I've never really looked at how a staggered offset wound effect the cars tendency to over/under steer.
I'll do some digging later today.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
@Spamby if you have time. Its ok nothing urgent.

Apparently staggering offset will induce under steer.

In the case of 370z cars, with a factory stagger, they are not so neutral or balanced. They tend to under steer from factory. Once people switch up to a square setup, they tend to go neutral. Among other cars.

Some suggest with good results that stiffing the rear swaybar will help bring back a neutral handling, if you so choose to go that route.
Another interesting thing is spacing the front wider than the rear. People have had good results of getting oversteer / reducing under steer.

You might try it and see how she handles. It may under steer more at the limit, but if you're not pushing the car to the limit, you may never notice.