How-To Request! (Log with ATR)

Grinder34

Track Monkey
I made the plunge into Cobbs world, and now I would like to log with my LC-1. I understand that to do that, I need to use ATR. I have ATR but I have no idea how to log. I found the PDF here (link) but last time I tried to follow the instructions it didnt work. I guess I'll go give it a try again, but in the mean time I think it would be a good addition to the "logging for newbs" thread.

Thanks!

Grinder34

Track Monkey
I guess this is also the appropriate place to list the details of what's going on.

I can succesfully hook my computer up to the AP. I figured out how to set which gauges to display, but I havent messed around with logging yet.

Now, BEFORE attaching the AP i can go to "edit-->configure options" and get a bunch of tabs. After i attach the AP those tabs disappear. Anyways, I've scrolled over to the LM-1 tab (no LC-1 tab exists) and clicked "enable" and set my com port to "COM3".

At this point I think i've tried both combinations of order in which to plug in the LC-1 and the AP, but basically at this point ATR stops responding until i unplug my LC1. I'm not sure if it's important, but my LC-1 is attached via a serial-to-usb converter.

I'd appreciate any help getting this up and running!

Thanks

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
What serial to usb adapter do you have... just about the only one that works ever and always is the radio shack adapter made by Gigaware. Most of the time this will solve all your woes. :tup:

What tabs are disappearing from the options list... I never observed this behavior personally or I just never noticed it before. :D

I will certainly work on updating the logging guide to include wide band logging in ATR and RomRaider. :tup:

Grinder34

Track Monkey
update: The "communications" tab also disappears.

But more importantly, i figured it out. Im just a tard. I had it plugged into the "in" instead of the "out" cable on the LC-1. It seemed to do just fine this time! Now to log and learn to tune!

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Oh okay... as long as you got it to log you are half way there... I would be happy to get you started tuning if you have any questions or you like to go through some steps, I would be happy to go thorugh them with you. Did you download the tuning guide?

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Vermont is my tuning guide! I at least wanna learn the basics from him first--i'm a very hands-on learner. An hour or two with mark would be better than reading the guide 200 times, at least for me!