I don't know what I'm doing

pathall

I really have no idea what I'm doing. I'm not a mechanic and have little knowledge on cars. So I'm pretty stoked to learn ad much as I can from this forum!! Any Pacific northwest guys on here? Washington?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Welcome to the forum. What car do you have?

Grinder34

Track Monkey
You'd be surprised at how easy most things on the car are to do. I've probably saved myself literally thousands in labor charges by doing it myself. Its best to befriend someone who's done it before, and do it together. But at this point I've swapped suspensions, exhausts, turbos, fuel pumps, oil pickups, intercoolers, brakes, etc... And I do it all with tools that fit into something like this:

mbMA7pK52VFw9jrcGo0vHzg.jpg

Seriously, almost all you need for most installs is a set of sockets, a set of wrenches, and two screw drivers.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Welcome. We are here to help!
We all started from nothing and had little to no knowledge. The main thing is to not be afraid to dive in but to also recognize your limitations, before you get into trouble. Most things are just taking them apart and reversing the order for installation. Easy enough just remember how it came apart.
Grinder is spot on about the tools. Most things don't require a vast array of tools or expensive ones, at that.
Those mechanics toolsets, the ones in plastic cases, like sears sell, are a great way to start. You can build on those over the years and as your knowledge and tasks become broader.