Last Parts Needed For Motor Build

So I'm trying to acquire the last few parts for my engine build which already consists of a short block with forged rods, pistons, ACL Bearings & OEM STI gasket kit.

First part is a 10 MM oil pump since I have an O5 STI.

Second part is an OEM timing belt but I will settle for a normal gates timing belt.

Third part is an OEM water pump but I would consider settling for a gates water pump as well.

Up in the air for optional parts to my build are complete pulley tensioner kit to compliment the timing belt and water pump if I can get a good enough deal since this is a budget build (LoL dosent exist with a SUBIE)

Last thing is a killerB oil pick up and or baffle.

I figured I'd see what the community vendors can offer before I do some online shopping since I'd rather support them.

Any responses back would be greatly appreciated and thanks.

So any of the vendors want to chime in on and maybe throw a quote out because I'm finally about to purchase my final parts for the build and would prefer to support this forums vendors.

Minimal items I'm looking for is the 10mm oil pump & timing belt.

Optional parts is the complete timing belt kit with pulleys and tensioner. Or the one that comes with the water pump as well.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Thanks for giving our vendors a chance to earn your business.

Please quote the 10mm oil pump everybody keeps insisting on the 11mm for my build when I have had several engine builders/tuners advise against the 11mm for an 05 sti build with forged internals and race bearings.

I"m more than happy to help if you're still needing a hand. If so, would you like a Gates Racing Belt or the standard black Gates Timing Belt? I could do an 11mm STI Oil Pump for you as well. I have 4 Killer B Pickups left as well. I also have Gates Water Pumps in stock.

*I haven't been on here much lately due to tax season taking my attention more then I had intended. I'll be on here every day minus Sunday from here on out. Let me know how to proceed if you're needing parts still.

-Jordan@DEFINED

So I'm trying to acquire the last few parts for my engine build which already consists of a short block with forged rods, pistons, ACL Bearings & OEM STI gasket kit.

First part is a 10 MM oil pump since I have an O5 STI.

Second part is an OEM timing belt but I will settle for a normal gates timing belt.

Third part is an OEM water pump but I would consider settling for a gates water pump as well.

Up in the air for optional parts to my build are complete pulley tensioner kit to compliment the timing belt and water pump if I can get a good enough deal since this is a budget build (LoL dosent exist with a SUBIE)

Last thing is a killerB oil pick up and or baffle.

I figured I'd see what the community vendors can offer before I do some online shopping since I'd rather support them.

Any responses back would be greatly appreciated and thanks.

Just a quote on the parts would be nice you can send pm if you'd like.

The normal gates (non blue belt) is what I'm looking for since I've heard bad things about the blue belts.

I still want to do a 10mm oil pump since the engine builder (Dom from MPS) and many other people advice against using the 11mm for the 04-07 sti.

Water pump and timing kit is what I am on the fence about since my motor only has 60k miles on it. If I can get them for a good deal I'll probably pick them up but still on the fence.

KillerB pick ups are awesome but I already have a tigwerks oil pick up but thanks for mentioning if.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
No one got you pricing?

No unless only premium members get personal messages?

It's cool though I figured I was going to have to do an online parts supplier for the 10mm oil pump anyways since most of the aftermarket suppliers usually only carry 11mm oil pumps.

Pretty much the only parts that are a necessity is the oil pump and timing belt. I was just seeing if I could pick up the water pump and timing belt components added to that if someone threw out a good deal.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I'm sorry about this. Please let us light some fires here today.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Agreed, but no excuse for this.

I don't have the 10mm Pump, only the 11's. You have the pickup already, I don't sell the 10mm pump, you already have a good deal on the Gates Kits. I'm happy to help, although what I'm reading says you have it covered minus the pump.

Just a quote on the parts would be nice you can send pm if you'd like.

The normal gates (non blue belt) is what I'm looking for since I've heard bad things about the blue belts.

I still want to do a 10mm oil pump since the engine builder (Dom from MPS) and many other people advice against using the 11mm for the 04-07 sti.

Water pump and timing kit is what I am on the fence about since my motor only has 60k miles on it. If I can get them for a good deal I'll probably pick them up but still on the fence.

KillerB pick ups are awesome but I already have a tigwerks oil pick up but thanks for mentioning if.

Well let's give this another try.

The items I would like a quote on are.

Preferably a 10mm oil pump but I'm starting to consider doing a 11mm pump since that seems to be the norm now days.

An OEM or gates non racing timing belt.

Those are the two must have items and the next items I'm considering are optional items I'm considering if my budget permits.

An oem or gates timing belt pulley & tensioner kit.

An oem or gates water pump

Or any kit combo of the above listed items.

All of these parts must be compatible for an 05 sti.

I understand it's not a big buy but would like to support my Preferred subaru forum vendors before I go to ebay or the other nasty forum that we all so well know.