Looking For Driving Ramps

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
We're looking for some kind of driving #ramps to drive up our Subaru WRX STi on. We want something that's heavy duty and will get it up in the air without us having to fight it every time to put it on our rack. The car is low, well very low.

Thank you.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Also if anyone has used a certain brand please let us know.

Thank you

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Bump!

Still looking. :ty:

Not sure if these are what you're after, but I use those Rhino ramps to lift my car sometimes. May not work very well for getting on a trailer though. Best bet may be a set of 2x10 boards made and cut to a lesser angle.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Just looking for ramps to drive up on to change the oil that aren't super heavy to move around.

Then you might want to look for something like "Race Ramps" or Rhino Ramps". They are both some type of plastic, and the way they (at least the rhino ramps from personal experience) are built is very strong and solid but rather light too. These (RhinoGear 11909ABMI RhinoRamps Vehicle Ramp - Pair (12,000lb. GVW Capacity) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0117EETEK/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_zXaWvbRS1AWBQ) look like the ones I have here and they are pretty light (19 lbs for the pair according to the page info).

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Yep that's what we're looking for. Something like that.

Glad to help. Just search for rhino ramp on Amazon, there were a few different models, I actually think I went with the 16klbs one.

The race ramps may be better for you though, they seem to get the vehicle a little higher and have a longer ramp.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Race Ramps are what we want! Now got to figure out what model, lol.

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Just looking for ramps to drive up on to change the oil that aren't super heavy to move around.

Are you hoping to use these ramps to get underneath the car or to get the car up high enough to then get a jack underneath? I hope you find
something that works well, I'd love to get some ramps that are long enough to get the Batmobile up high enough (without a jack) to change
the oil. SUBSCRIBED!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
We don't want to use a jack at all. Just want to be able to drive up the ramp and change the oil with ease. Getting Lexi on the rack being so low is really hard, lol.

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
We don't want to use a jack at all. Just want to be able to drive up the ramp and change the oil with ease. Getting Lexi on the rack being so low is really hard, lol.

Not saying it's impossible, but I think the ramps would need to be ridiculously long to get the car up high enough. I'd love to do the same. As for getting it up on a rack, if it's a frame lift you're talking about, some 1-2" thick, hard rubber mats under each tire should do the trick. That's what I used to use to get the car up high enough to swing the frame lift arms underneath.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
We have 3 racks and our STi is so low we have to use blocks of wood to get it high enough to put it on there.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
We're hoping one of our Vendors carry these.