Low Boost & Hesitation Help!!!

I ran the gas down to E and filled up 93 octane. All was fine until I got about half way through the first 1/4 tank and the she started to stutter, and then wouldnt boost over 10 psi. I plugged in my AP and the knock sum on cylinder 4 was going crazy. It went up to 254 and then started over a few times. I pulled over and checked the oil, and it was a quart low. I filled the oil back up and reset ECU via the AP. All was fine for about 10 minutes and then she started doing it again. I got home and started looking all over the engine bay a noticed a little oil coming out of the hose underneath the intercooler. I pulled it and a ton of oil was in intercooler. I have hit the rev limiter a few times before but not in a while. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379210334.661246.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1379210344.717538.jpg

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Woah that's quite a bit of oil! I've seen a small amount, but nothing to that extent! I hope it's something small and nothing major! Interested to see what the fellas have to say on this one!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Like how hard, and for how long?

Rev limiter? Well I hit it a few times when I first got it and then a time or two since then. Once was pretty hard when I was down shifting but it has been a while since then.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I think you might need a catch can.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Well I got one in but have not actually hooked the hoses up.

What?! Why did you put on in there then?! :lol: Show and tell! :tup:

Too much oil being fed to the turbo? Oil loss after track is normal though. I don't see how so much oil was being pulled in, but then again, I don't have any experience with this. I want to see what the track monkeys say!

Last edited:

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
That's a lot of oil!

Clean everything out, intercooler, throttle body, etc.
Pull the plugs and check them for oil.
I would say a compression test may be a safe bet right now.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Yes, and use some carb cleaner, BUT be super careful.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
That stuff will clean and eat paint if you know what I mean. Spray it on a rag then wipe. That way you won't have a chance of ruining anything.

Also as Grinder suggested I would do a compression check real quick. I think you blew past the rings at high rpm, but didn't hurt anything except oil blow by.

Doing compression test right now. Not a easy task I assure you. If it is only a lot of blow by how do I fix the hesitation issue and low boost?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Once you give us compression results we can go from there.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
That stuff will clean and eat paint if you know what I mean. Spray it on a rag then wipe. That way you won't have a chance of ruining anything.

Also as Grinder suggested I would do a compression check real quick. I think you blew past the rings at high rpm, but didn't hurt anything except oil blow by.

Grinder? Lol. Is that a compliment ?

I agree that it just could be blow bye .

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Doing compression test right now. Not a easy task I assure you. If it is only a lot of blow by how do I fix the hesitation issue and low boost?

How did the plugs look? Oil fouled ?

May be just throwing a fit because of oil everywhere. Once it's cleaned up and the compression test done, and if the results are good, she may drive normally again. Fingers crossed.

The cylinder closet to the driver no compression. Now the question is how far can I drive it. Can I drive it to the dealer which is 30 minutes away or should I trailer it?

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
The cylinder closet to the driver no compression. Now the question is how far can I drive it. Can I drive it to the dealer which is 30 minutes away or should I trailer it?

No. It needs to be towed to prevent any further damage.