Low Boost & Hesitation Help!!!

The cylinder closet to the driver no compression. Now the question is how far can I drive it. Can I drive it to the dealer which is 30 minutes away or should I trailer it?

Better make sure everything is back to stock if your taking to dealer to try to get warranty repair.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Don't drive it.

Captain she can't take anymore!

Spamby shut your pie hole. ;)

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Ohhh man....smh....while reading through, I was really hoping that what Spamby said about the plugs being
fouled would be the issue. Damnit, sorry to hear about the compression :(

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Refresh my memory.

Any mods?

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I read the first post and thought ring landing right away. What made me think this? Put two and two together... Hit the rev limiter during an HPDE event is what caused it but there could be underlying causes like bad or improper tune. The low boost, high knock sum and excessive oil in the intercooler where the indicators.

Very sorry to hear this and I hope you get it sorted out real soon!

Be prepared for them just to put a bandaid fix on it if they do cover thru warranty. The dealer I took my engine to just wanted to replace the single piston that had low comp at half the cost since they voided my warranty for not having oil maintenance records because I do my own maintenance.

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Time for some upgraded pistons and rods!
If they'll do that.

I wish you the best and hope everything works out.
Keep us updated.

Hell Rick if they don't help out and you get the shaft I'll drive down there and help rebuild if need be. I have a good friend down there that might be able to help just got to find out what part of Texas hes in right now (very cool cat). Sorry to hear about the car but I think it is somewhat a rite of passage for a full blown Subaru nut to have the ringland failure.

I think I got the only good set of pistons that came out of the factory I've been trying to crack one just so I have a reason to upgrade but I think the Holy tune wont let me.

Let me know if you need some help brother.

by the way deny everything deny, deny, deny!!! 3/4 of those Subaru "technicians" don't know there asshole form a hole in the ground. If they say no tell them to prove it and fight tooth and nail. This is one area that I would condone not being 100% truthful either. (lie though your teeth) Just my $0.02

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Hell Rick if they don't help out and you get the shaft I'll drive down there and help rebuild if need be. I have a good friend down there that might be able to help just got to find out what part of Texas hes in right now (very cool cat). Sorry to hear about the car but I think it is somewhat a rite of passage for a full blown Subaru nut to have the ringland failure.

I think I got the only good set of pistons that came out of the factory I've been trying to crack one just so I have a reason to upgrade but I think the Holy tune wont let me.

Let me know if you need some help brother.

Lol. I've come to think I had the only good pistons. Mine don't wanna give up either.

I would have fought that.

Easier said then done they would have removed my engine and saw the heavy duty clutch and light weight flywheel then dug deeper and noticed the bumper cut for FMIC and noticed a few other things that they would say voids the warranty. The thing that they offered me was they would cover half the warranty cost if it wasn't due to lack of maintenance but I would have gone postal if they said it was due to modified flywheel or old mods done to the motor which I could have played it off as it being the first owner that did that. My other issue was that they wanted to only replace the single damaged piston and it was my extended warranty company that was giving me crap the subie dealer is the one that was offering the 50% warranty coverage since I was pass the factory warranty.

Well the dealer is going to tear down the motor and see what is up. Took them a week to come to that conclusion. The service writer was like well you installed after market motor mounts sooo. I asked him if he really thought that motor mounts blow motors. He said no but you have changed a few things on the car that make them wonder. I told him his lead mechanic told me I could go stage 1 from Cobb with no worries when I bought the car. The tech said they had some deal with Cobb. He said if I went stage two then no way warranty would cover it. I never bought a downpipe and went stage 2 because of that. I dont know what I can or will do if they dont cover it. Wife is pissed because we are expecting our first child in February and she is in super save mode. Lets just hope they cover it.