MOVED: HID replacement

microsnook

Thanks for sharing the link!

I went ahead and ordered some on eBay for about $13, with a lifetime warranty lol. They probably won't be great, but I needed to get a headlight in ASAP so I don't get a ticket...

If these end up being horrible, Ill order from Lightwerkz

Stiyle11sedan

I have seen a few of the ebay ones...they tend to be much brighter but also tend to have the ballasts go out a lot sooner....they claim to have "lifetime warranties" but be careful because after you have them replace the ballasts they don't seem to want to work with you much after that!

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
One reason the bulb may ware out the ballast would be because the amount of wattage required to excite the gas inside the bulb is quite significant and most of the inferior ballasts sold on Ebay are not up to the challenge. 35 watts is typical and most of the ballasts sold on ebay don't even list their wattage capacity, so it is a crap shoot if you get one that is rated and paired properly.

If you know your ballast to be rated for 35 watts you should not have any issues if you pair that with a 35 watt bulb.

microsnook

Just an update. The bulbs are working just fine. I adjusted the level and now they aim perfectly and the bulbs went in wrong at first but now they are in right and the light throw is pretty good. They seem a little duller than the OEM but they are 6000k. I like them though and for $13, it couldn't be beat!

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Let us know how they stand up over time. I always like having a viable cheap replacement available.

microsnook

If I remember Ill be sure and post it on here. So far, so good! Hopefully they last some time...

EDIT: Also, when I turn my car on at night, I turn the lights on after. I read that when the car turns on and the lights turn on at the same time it puts a lot of stress on the HIDs. So I make sure to do it all manually. And my DRLs are disabled as well. All precautions to extend the life of the HIDs.