Mrfatride's '14 SWP C-Dan journal thread

mrfatride

Hey everyone. Just picked up my 2014 SWP STi sedan on 9/21/13. Originally had a PBP sedan on order and they were telling me I would have it in late December. Few days had past and I realized that I was not going to be able to wait that long so my salesperson managed to dealer trade for a SWP sedan. When I went to pick my car up I saw they had a PBP WRX on the lot which made me feel better about getting a SWP sedan. Absolutely love the car and cannot wait to start doing some serious mondifications to the car.

Specs upon delivery:

'14 Base STi Sedan
All weather floor mats
All weather trunk liner
STi Short Throw Shifter
STi SS Licence plate bracket

Modifcations completed so far:

35% tint on all windows
Pioneer AVH-P4000 DVD Head unit w/Sat radio
Subaru Fog Light kit ( ddm 35w 3000k kit)
Laminx Fog Light overlays (yellow)
Nameless Performance Muffler Deletes
Rally Armor Mud Flaps (blue logo)
AEM CAI
Open source Stage 1 tune by Rocksteady Tuning
Kartboy Shifter Bushings

Planned Modifications:

Tomei Expreme TI Catback Exhaust
TurboXS Catless DP
ATI Gauge pod
AEM Wideband UEGO
Prosport Boost and Oil PSI Gauges
Front Lip (any ideas? still researching)
RCE Yellows
New Summer wheels
Interior LED swap
Front and Rear sway bars
Beatrush Pitchstop Mount
Beatrush Engine Mounts
Beatrush Trans Mount

Parts Acquired but not installed:

Here are some pictures after taking delivery

After getting the windows tinted:

Went to a dyno day today to get a baseline of where i am staring at. Below is the dyno sheet:

Did two pulls with the 2nd pull being better. Max HP is 225hp and 231 ft lbs of torque. This was on a Mustang M-20 dyno. All stock no tune.

Best 1/4 time to date:

Bone stock with muffler deletes

mrfatride

Car currently has an Opensource stage 1 tune. WOW what a difference and the AEM Intake makes bunch of awesome noises. Really cannot wait til spring when the AutoX season kicks into gear.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Just posted a pic from here to our FB page. ;)

Grinder34

Track Monkey
nice!

I dont know my auto-x classes. Are you trying to be competitive in a particular class, or just go out for a day of fun?

mrfatride

Thanks! For now its just about having fun. Maybe once i get enough seat time i will work on getting more serious.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Welcome. Very nice.

You can definitely see the power dips in the factory tune and they are where everyone feels them. I'm sure your stage 1 tune took care of some of those nasty hiccups.

mrfatride

Yeah I noticed the power dip the most at the drag strip. From like 5-6k rpms there was a noticeable flat spot. Hope to go back to the track in the spring to see the difference it made

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Really cannot wait til spring when the AutoX season kicks into gear.

Let me know what AutoX events are going down this year. I just moved to Michigan in late 2012 and
haven't found all that stuff yet. I'm definitely down for some AutoX.

mrfatride

I know there is a pretty big group that runs up in east lansing in some of the msu parking lots. Also belle isle usually has some events as well