My 2005 wrb sti

05wrb

The kit includes a sprayer that sprays directly on to the intercooler.. it pretty much freezes it and dramatically drops intake temp.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
The kit includes a sprayer that sprays directly on to the intercooler.. it pretty much freezes it and dramatically drops intake temp.

You show! Link us!

05wrb

I dont know if that link works... but the kit is for a fmic i think.. but i would mod it to work on tmic..

05wrb

About a year ago at a car show i saw a bug eye with one mounted on a fmic... there was nobody around to ask about it...

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
About a year ago at a car show i saw a bug eye with one mounted on a fmic... there was nobody around to ask about it...

Damn now im very curious about this!

05wrb

Im sure there is some kind of increase in power by reducing intake temp so much... but im not sure about numbers..??

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Im sure there is some kind of increase in power by reducing intake temp so much... but im not sure about numbers..??

There would but it would have to be miniscule. Unless im underestimating "magic" that much! :lol:

Grinder34

Track Monkey
All usdm sti have the intercooler sprayer. Ive never heard of nos spray!!!! Do tell!

I dont think the GR do. Didnt know if it was all GD

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!

05wrb

Yes my car does have the ic water sprayer... im just tired of emptying it every winter so the tank doesn't crack...

And i want the cool nitrous purge..lol..

Grinder34

Track Monkey
also, as long as the tank is somewhat empty, it should be able to expand upwards right? Unless its super weak plastic (made more brittle by the cold)

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Ive never had a problem. Ive never refilled it. I rarely used it. There were maybe 6,7 days in tge past 4 years that were stupid hot? (110+)

And even with that idk if it helped. :lol:

And now with the aftermarket tmic and no bellows its pretty much useless cause i dont have it hooked up.

Does anyone actually use theirs??? :lol:

Because racecar.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
I had seen a cryo kit for the TMIC years back. Don't remember who made it but I think it used co2. It had some oblong header that surrounded the TMIC with multiple valves.
Expensive but I guess when every tenth of a second counts it's worth it.

05wrb

Ive been looking for some dyno before and after info... can't find any... sooooo... im not sure what the real gains would be....?? But i am still curious about how much intake temp affects hp... obviously cold air is more dense than hot air.... so i would think that a frozen intercooler would impact hp significantly .... ????
But i have no proof...