My 2005 wrb sti

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Its just math that'll get you to the HP answer, based on the air density.

But math aside, if you care about some serious HP by cooling the IC, you can just add a whole bag of ice before whatever event you're doing and keep hitting it. I know there are lots of IC Spray controllers. Some are boost-referenced, and i think there was one reverse-ring-lockout activated sprayer out there. Ice is way cheaper than a full spray setup and refills.

05wrb

Really good point... i think i will stick with ice and water/alcohol spray... the controller sounds like a good idea as well... thanks!

05wrb

So I figured I would give an update on my build. After taking FOREVER hunting down a very small oil leak, the shop has informed me that the car will be ready to pick up tomorrow! to save money for other things (school and baby on the way), I decided to not buy a turbo and hold off on the E85 tune for now.. soooo with that being said, the car made pretty good numbers on the dyno. According to the tuner its making around 330whp. @ 18psi on 93oct..
I have come to realize that my initial expectations were a bit high lol.. But... after the first of the year, I will be buying a new turbo and getting the e85 tune... I want a stock location Turbo. and I am going with either ATP, or AMR...? Any input or recommendations are welcome.. :)

05wrb

Car is running GREAT! The stock Turbo spools Soooooo fast... it pulls good and I can't wait to get the new Turbo after Christmas ... it really needs the bigger Turbo to get the full potential out of the motor....

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
I want a stock location Turbo. and I am going with either ATP, or AMR...? Any input or recommendations are welcome.. :)

There are a lot of good turbos out there. What is your ultimate power goal? As has been said many times before, turbo selection is an art. Research, research, research. The last thing you want is to be disappointed with a turbo purchase.

Last edited:

05wrb

450-475whp is my goal... probably not going with e85.. but instead a pump gas tune and a race gas tune....

And the Turbo I've decided on (at least for now) , is the AMR T60R 10.5cm ...

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
That's not a bad choice. From what I've heard, it's supposed to spool pretty quick while having a good top end as well. A couple of my favorites in that range are the ATP GT3071 and GT3076's. Some of the guys here really like the Blouch Dominator series turbos as well.