my 2016 sti

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
depends on the car really.. most of the time it just annoys me like im just cruising and they wanna start messing around

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Who else gets a kick out of people trying to race you in cars that don't stand a chance??

Oh that would be me :lol:

We have our fair share of these people in my area. Mostly Hondas though and it get annoying

Funny the Dart was mentioned, I had one with a stock exhaust revved at me going the opposite direction. I was just a turn stop light laughing.

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
Really depends on the angle you r trying to get and the type of mounts u have... I have the mount that you can put on bars so i have mine mounted right in the center of my seats on my harness bar. Great view of everything there but you dont have that option lol

And thats all i have to say about that...

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Just getting back to this thread.

First, you dont need massive space between the wheel and the brakes. Look at what it is stock: something like a credit card's worth of clearance.

Second, the STI is kind of limited for inside mounting. No plastic seatbacks (at least not in mine) no moveable headrest to clamp to, etc... If you dont need the interior shot, just suction cup to the windshield and face forward.

Ok thanks!! I ordered1/4 spacers to test em and see how much clearance it give me. If I can go smaller. I will. And yeah that's what I was thinking about doin is suction cup to the windshield. Or doing the mount behind the rear view lol. Hopefully I have my old tires sold today. So I can at least order 2 tires for test fitting the spacers and to c how far I have to roll fenders. I was thinking 265/40/18. Which I think would stretch the tire alittle bit

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
Michelin pilot super sport. Excellent summer tire with great grip and handling.

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
Only summer tires ive ever ran nd they never give me a problem. (Except the one time i was forced to drive on them in the snow)

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
Long story short they were on the car for a couple days for a test fit and it happened to snow one of hose days. Made it about 3/4 of the way home from work and couldnt make it up a hill. Stopped and had someone bring me my winter set to put on so i could get home

Yeah I got caught out in the snow with my summers and I was so dam lucky I was going 5 miles a hr down a hill lost traction and came 2 ft from hitting a gaurd rail

Grinder34

Track Monkey
PSS are great, but I think they're designed for a slightly heavier car. Not that it makes a HUGE difference or anything.

I'm about to have to buy new summer tires and really dont know what I'll end up with.

Same here I'm still debating if I wanna go 265-40-18 or 265-35-18. The roads I drive are pretty good there's one road I go out that kinda bad but no potholes.