My DGM 2010 STI

Rhazel

Hello everyone thought I would share a bit about myself and my Subaru. My name is Moises (pronounced without the "i"). I am currently in the Idaho National Guard as an electronics mechanic although I never work on electronics anymore. I bought my 2010 Subaru with just 4 miles on it. It is my daily driver and when I have the time I do a bit of auto-x.
Here is my subaru when I first picked it up in Bend, Oregon in Feb of 2010.
IMAG0004.jpg

I drove the car stock for a few months before I was deployed and then my wife just drove it around for me. I had alot of time to think of what I wanted to do so once I got home I got to work.
First thing I did when I got home was get a new set of wheels.
Before
IMG_0978.jpg

New wheels, Enkei NT03+M 18x8.5 +38 with stock tires at first.
IMG_1573.jpg

Next I got the windows tinted and washed it up real nice :D .
IMG_1576.jpg

Cleaned up the engine a bit after a friend of mine fabbed up a strut tower bar for me. I like it. Also got a deal on an AP and ordered a CAI, Heatshield, and a DP from Perrin.
CleanEngine.jpg

Got a new spoiler from Black Top Aero. Took me a while to decide to get it, but I'm glad I did.
2011-11-01_13-49-01_841.jpg

New Halos installed along with LED turn signal, thank you Christmas money :D.
Light1.jpg

Got the new SMY Cluster and gauges installed, Prosport Boost on the left AFR on the right.
photobucket-6100-1330224484131.jpg

Got ready for some snow I got some new winter tires for the stock wheels. Tires are 245/40-18 Blizzak WS60 and they work great.
Gowen2.jpg

Finally went to Cobb Surgeline in Oregon and got a real tune. Didn't want to go to aggressive with it so I ended up with 290/337 hp/tq on 93.
Got tired of the wheel gap so I picked up a set of H&R Coilovers.
Before
photobucket-5746-1331932032293.jpg

After
photobucket-5801-1331931920460.jpg

Got tired of people cutting me off and not hearing my horn so I upgraded.
photobucket-5212-1347212917162.jpg

Here is a pic of how the car is during the summer.
photobucket-5492-1333143033695.jpg

This was last year when I Plastidipped the wheels black.
Blackwheels2.png

Here is a pic from a recent car show. This was after I purchased and installed the new 2011 Front Bumper with fogs.
photobucket-3147-1358395170881-1_zps363ce6f2.jpg

Enging Mods:

Perrin Cold Air Intake
Perrin Downpipe
Cobb Access Port
ProTune by Cobb Surgeline

Wheels and Tires:
Summer
Enkei NT03+M with Hankook Ventus V12 Evo K110 245/40-18
Winter
Stock wheels with 245/40-18 Blizzak WS60

Suspension:
H&R Coilovers
Perrin 25mm Adjustable Rear Sway Bar
Custom Built Front Tower Bar

Exterior and Interior:
Black Top Aero Rear Spoiler
SMY Cluster
Prosport Evo Boost Gauge
Prosport Evo AFR Gauge
Pioneer AVH-P2400BT
CCFL Angel Eyes
Color-Changing LED turn signal
Hella Supertones
2011 STI front bumper with Fogs

Waiting to be installed:
Perrin 25mm Front Sway Bar
Kartboy Front and Rear Endlinks

Future mods (sometime this year I hope):
Dom 1.5XTR 8cm Turbo
Cobb Tuning EBCS
Perrin Turbo Inlet
Injector Dynamics Top Feed 1000cc Injectors
Subaru FPR (04-07 STI)
DW 65C Fuel Pump
ETS TMIC
New Protune
also a few more exterior and suspension mods.

Hope you enjoy the pics and the intro. I will post more pics when I find some good ones. And sorry, but all I have is cell phone pics so none of them are of the best quality.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Very nice progression.

Subscribed.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Very nice looking car, i love it.

I see on your future mods you have "Subaru FPR (04-07 STI)." I'm afraid that's something i dont really know about. Is the FPR on the GD better than the GR?

Rhazel

Very nice looking car, i love it.

I see on your future mods you have "Subaru FPR (04-07 STI)." I'm afraid that's something i dont really know about. Is the FPR on the GD better than the GR?
According to Lance at Cobb Surgeline yes. The FPR on the '10 STI stutters a bit around 2300 RPMs where as the GD doesn't. I'm not sure about the '08-'09 and '11-'13 STI FPR, but I was told the '10 has this problem for sure and I do notice it when it happens in mine..

Rhazel

It's not a major stutter that happens, but it is noticeable. Looked into it and found out that all the'08+ STI's came with a different type of FPR than the GD. And to correct what I said earlier it happens around 2800 RPMs. Also installed the rear Kartboy endlinks, was cold out in the garage so it took a bit longer than I expected it to, but it's done.

Rhazel

It doesn't happen to all GR's. And some have been tuned and able to fix the problem, but if a tune doesn't fix it than a GD FPR will.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
I'd investigate the tuning option first. Fuji is a pretty smart guy who knows whats up. He's also a tuner himself!

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Had the stumble on stock map.
Had the recall in '08 and ecu reflashed. No stumble.
Cobb OTS stage 1 and no stumble
Perrin OTS stage 2. Horrible stumble.
Perrin OTS stage 2.1 smoothed at that rpm level.
Cobb OTS stage 2. No stumble
Cobb-Plano protune E85, no stumble. Injectors and pump only fuel system mods.

Have read some threads regarding the issue. Revisited a thread where some Aussies were replacing the fuel line with a 1m - 8mm fuel hose and then logging data. (before and after). Lean stumble is gone after the mod. http://www.rexnet.com.au/forum/inde...8-sti-e85-lean-stumbles-2800-rpm/page__st__40
Do some more investigating before buying parts. Fix may be as simple as tuning or a few bucks in fuel hose. I would be leery of a tuner not willing to try and fix the issue through the ecu mapping, first.

P.S. Fuji just doesn't go into pissy rants for no reason.

Last edited:

Rhazel

Did a bit of reading into the posted link. Found alot of good information on how to fix it. I don't think I want to do the extended hose Mod because I don't like the look of having a coiled hose in my engine bay. I will look into the other options that I read about before I decide what I want to end up with. I want the engine bay to stay as clean as possible without having anything that seems out of place. I will also talk to my tuner about the other options I read about and go from there. Thanks for posting the link, I learned alot and you could have just saved me a bunch of money to use towards other mods.

Rhazel

Finally got the front sway bar in, will be installing it along with the endlinks sometime this weekend if I'm feeling better.
photobucket-18268-1359225155924.jpg

Rhazel

Should have posted this sooner, but I installed the FSB. Makes me wonder why I didn't buy it a long time ago. Huge difference in cornering.
photobucket-4011-1360427167197_zpsca18c65a.jpg

Also just bought this and if I get a chance to it will go on today or tomorrow.
photobucket-2244-1361592004100_zpsc882394c.jpg

Fender braces are next to purchase and install then breaks and bigger turbo.

Last edited: