my first sti... 2005 wrb

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
You want 0 degrees of knock. That means you dont have any. Not sure what the positive or negative in knock means exactly but you dont want it exceeding over 2 in either direction. Someone else can explain it accurately.

droopys

I figured something along those lines I'm just trying to imagine it similar to let's say an ls motor where you get lifters going bad etc...

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
You don't want to see any negative numbers in the knock parameters ideally but you will likely see some at times and that is usually okay. You need to look at knock and dynamic advance together to determine if a detrimental knock event is happening. I call these "interesting knock events".

The ECU is always striving to apply the most timing it can with out knocking and sometimes right to the threshold of knock. By looking at dynamic advance and knock together you can see this strategy in action. For example you want to see your total timing to be greater than base timing regardless of knock. This, in my opinion, indicates a non-interesting knock event because the ecu is applying base timing plus dynamic advance... It then sees a little knock and removes a little timing, but dynamic advance is still positive and applying a few degrees of timing beyond base timing.

An interesting knock event would be when dynamic advance is negative and total timing is less than base timing. Also knock events where the value being taken away continues to increase are interesting.

droopys

Awsome very helpful I'll load that up and keep an eye on it I'm not loosing boost so that is nice but I will keep my eye on it thx [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION]

droopys

Installed forged beatrush pitch stop love it... but I had an issue after install left for work when got on the freeway and started to boost I got a crazy "supercharged whine" so I slowed down made it to work on my lunch when out pulled the bov. Put it back tightened it drove around its not anywhere near as bad. Gonna deal with it when I wake up. Anybody had similar issue?

droopys

After I installed pitch stop my car has a "supercharge" whine sound. I replaced turbo to intercooler hose hose today. The noise has gone down in decibel but still have it any ideas anybody. Please help

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Video is private.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
[MENTION=3077]droopys[/MENTION] . What Alin said.

A very audible whine from the turbo could mean it's going out, in my experience. I assume your having no driving issues, power issues?
The pitch stop has been reported by others to cause NVH with a slight transmission whine as one of those noises. This may be what your hearing.