My first STi (RIP)

Casper86

this is the car that gave me "the subaru bug"
Sadly the only pics I have on my current computer were taken after the wreck while parting it out in my fathers garage. look at the engine bay shot and notice the buckling on the right side.
Still miss you pod racer !

stir004.jpg

stir008.jpg

stir011.jpg

Why did your pops get a Ford GT when he could have purchased a ZR1 for cheaper that beats it in every performance aspect? Sorry I'm jaded towards Ford after owning a pustang...

DKDunn04

The ford is several years older, so it could of been before the ZR1 came out. I think if they were the same price I would go for the GT anyway. The interior is WAY nicer, it looks cooler, and its much more unique. The ZR1 is an awesome machine, but its not the one I would choose.

The ford is several years older, so it could of been before the ZR1 came out. I think if they were the same price I would go for the GT anyway. The interior is WAY nicer, it looks cooler, and its much more unique. The ZR1 is an awesome machine, but its not the one I would choose.

If you want something unique that is at a severe disadvantage in all performance aspects to a ZR1 you have a point. At that point I would rather have an old Ferrari over a Ford GT for something that is unique. This is obviously if the GT and ZR1 were released at the same time period.

Casper86

I dont think a stock ZR1 would beat my dads GT, it has full borla exhaust/headers, smaller pulley, meth injection and tune. forget what it threw down on the dyno exactly but it was over 700 ft /lbs.

I think ZR1 is on hell of a performance car for your money but its......a corvette. dime a dozen. Plus the GT has meaner lines and the roof is even with my belly button.

the ZR1 was years away from being released when he got the GT.