New fish

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Hello all!

New guy here. Just wanted to drop a line and shake some hands... err sort of. Don't know if I'm considered new to Subarus since I have owned mine since '08 , but she is my first. Don't have many current pictures of my ride, not a big picture taker, but i do promise to get some up soon. Maybe on the profile forum? Nevertheless, here is a list of what I got.

Oh, I post over on IWSTI as Spamby, so yes, it is the same person... if you cared. :lol:

2008 OBP STi

Performance:
Accesport
Perrin stage 2 OTS map for CAI
Invidia V3 catless DP
Perrin CAI with a K&N filter (didn't care for their foam sponge)
Cobb BPV... yes it set on full recirc!

Noise maker:
Magnaflow CBE undercoated in black all the way to the tips

Suspension:
H&R coilovers
Rallitek sways
Kartboy endlinks
Whitleline ALK
Whiteline steering rack bushing
Whiteline LCA pivot bushings
Whiteline RCA
Perrin strut tower brace (looks cool but I don't think it does much)

Wheels/Tires:
Summer
18x9.5 +38mm Work Emotion XT7's in bronze
265/35-18 Conti Extreme DW (love and hate the tires)

Winter
Stock BBS
245/40-18 Conti DWS (love the tire)

Others:
Perrin short shifter
Cobb knob
R205 badges
VHT tails
STi sport grille
debadged except STi emblems

Future mods:
Goin' corn on 9-8!! Plus a 91 octane protune!
ID1000's (I have Deatschwerks 1000's but have forgone those for the ID's)
Deatschwerks 65c
Grimmspeed EBCS

Thanks for veiwing,

Spamby

"it's a meat product toy"

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Hello, i like corn :D

Welcome! No 93 octane in Tulsa?

I have a suspicion I am gonna like the corn too!

Sadly, no. 93 dried up about 6 or 7 years ago for us in the metro. I have heard it is or is almost non existent in the entire state now. My Scoob and Porsche are on the 91 diet. Tried to use Torco for awhile but got tired of the mixing and ordering.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Welcome to the team. Glad you could join us. Be sure to check out our memberships for goodies. :)

What does corn cost a gallon?

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Welcome and enjoy! :D

Check out the member's journals and feel free to start your own! :tup:

Just one word of advice, caution with E85. Get your self a good catch can and monitor it frequently for moisture.

E85 has a significant amount of water content than gasoline and if you don't allow the car to fully warm and then drive it for some time, the moisture released during the combustion process will likely condense in the crank case and blow by system. Just keep an eye out for sludge in the blow-by system. :tup: Don't use a colder thermostat either.

I ran into this on my car and I believe BadSTi had the same issues. My solution was to use a catch can to help separate the moisture. By the end I was removing several pints of water from the catch can every month

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Welcome to the team. Glad you could join us. Be sure to check out our memberships for goodies. :)

What does corn cost a gallon?

Welcome and enjoy! :D

Check out the member's journals and feel free to start your own! :tup:

Just one word of advice, caution with E85. Get your self a good catch can and monitor it frequently for moisture.

E85 has a significant amount of water content than gasoline and if you don't allow the car to fully warm and then drive it for some time, the moisture released during the combustion process will likely condense in the crank case and blow by system. Just keep an eye out for sludge in the blow-by system. :tup: Don't use a colder thermostat either.

I ran into this on my car and I believe BadSTi had the same issues. My solution was to use a catch can to help separate the moisture. By the end I was removing several pints of water from the catch can every month

3.29 per gallon here, this past weekend. I will definitely check out the memberships. Always in for supporting a good cause. How much horsepower does your stickers add? :lol:

Yes. I have looked into catch cans. Haven't decided on one yet as they all seem a bit different in design and vary greatly on price. But a catch can, of some sort, will be on my short list of things to do soon. Crawford's can looks nice but the price is a bit much. I haven't checked out Moroso, as Fuji stated, but will do so.

Thanks for all of the welcomes!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
T-Shirt & Sticker, lol. Ads 25 HP! :sti: FTW!

Robert Viehweger

Daily Driver
Glad to have you with us! Been crazy with real life for the summer, but things are slowing down now a bit, so I'll be trolling around a bit more. Give a shout if you need assistance with anything!