New from SoCal

subisti07

This is my first time on a forum. I usually just browse the forums and find the things that I need, but I am trying to get more involved so that I can learn some new things and and find people around me that have subies. My first Subaru was a Legacy RS when I was stationed in Japan. I didn't have much time to drive or mod it due to being out to sea pretty often. I liked my RS better that my STI. I bought my 07 STI in 2012 and have done a few things to it.
Mods:
Perrin Turbo back
Cobb SF intake
Crawford Air/oil separator
I had a garage tune on it for a while, but the tune was to track oriented and I hadn't taken it to the track so I got a Cobb access port V3 that I am not to fond of.
Not sure what I am going to do next with it. For now its my daily driver. I would like to get it where its good for track or auto-x racing. Any ideas what i should do next?

Welcome and what part of so cal are you from I'm originally from SD.

Down pipe is a must in my opinion but you have to deal with smogging it so make sure to keep the original DP so you can swap it back on when its necessary to smog.

Never mind I see you have a turbo back not a catback my bad on that pretty much it upgrade injectors tumbler delete and bigger turbo and pro tune at your stage of your build.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Welcome to IGOTASTI!!!

Pics of the ride!! :tup:

Next step for you should be sways and endlinks. Best bang for the buck that will improve your handling especially for autox!

Dan!!! Whats up dude!!! Get that platinum membership dude! lol. I am gonna be detailing the car after I get done cleaning the garage, shoot me a text if you want.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Why did you like the RS better, and what dont you like about the APV3?

As far as next mods, i'd do a few suspension tweaks over anything power at this point. A really good start is swaybars and endlinks.

subisti07

I liked the RS better because of how much the turbos pulled and the bilstein suspension. I am not sure what was done to it before I had it. momo steering wheel was awesome. And I don't really like all this electronic nonsense that they put on these newer cars.
Now to the APV3. The tunes that come with it are not very good at all. I think the whole thing could have been done better. We live in the days of touchscreen technology and we pay 600 dollars to get 4 buttons. My net book has more ability than the AP and I paid 300 for it 3 years ago. I don't really know what I was thinking when I bought it. But I will make due with what I have. I would like to get 3 different tunes that are customized for my car. Highway, daily driver, and track. I will be happy with that.

Dude, I have to let you drive mine. Installing the wideband tomorrow, hopefully Ron will be tuning it Sunday to make up for the inlet. I'm at 22lbs, she pulls great and smooth.

subisti07

What do you pay for Ron to tune for you? Also I was thinking I should drive yours. I want to see how it feels before I do some mods on mine. I am still unsure of what I want to get.

Sorry, went to bed dude. I'm not sure what Ron asks for a tune, but, I usually do a full detail on his STI in exchange for a street tune. Its black like yours, but he doesn't wash and wax it. At all. Lol.