New guy to forum from NC

subieman

What's up my fellow Subie lovers!? First time posting on any forum so forgive me for the noon mistakes to come. I live in the south mins of NC plenty of crazy dirt roads! Big lonely straights tons of fun! Only one other Sti owner in my town. Not a very friendly kid. As for the Ride.... 06 STi aps cold air intake, aps turbo back exhaust and Cobb acc port with shelf tune I'm itching to make it faster. Any suggestions help will be great! I use to.post pics on igotasti via instagram. Thanks!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Welcome to the team.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
We're glad you're here.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
welcome! Start up a journal and tell us all about plans for the car (plus, some pics)

subieman

@Grinder34 Thanks! I'm going to get started asap on that. I'm ready to step the car up to the next level

subieman

There is not a lot of people here who talk about subarus. They are more about their Cummins and power strokes. I use to send pictures on here and wanna learn more on how to build my STi the rite way.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
There are a hundred right ways, but ten thousand wrong ways!

Seriously, start up a journal and post up some ideas or goals and we'll help you get started.

If you've never done a journal before, its a good idea to post up a few blank post that you'll fill in later with stuff. First post might be an intro, second a table of contents, third post is pictures, 4th is to-do list, etc.. Something like that--you'll always find a way to fill the space. If not, a mod can delete the unused ones for you. But go over to here: http://igotasti.com/vBforum/forumdisplay.php?23-Member-s-Journal and start one up!

subieman

I have a 06 STi. Rite now the biggest problem I have is when I'm going slow or@ a stop I can turn the steering wheel and it makes a creaking sound. Kinda like a old car door does when it needs to be oiled. I know it has to be in steering linkage or something. What would you guys suggest

Grinder34

Track Monkey
could it be the power steering pump whining? Might be time for a flush and checking some seals (i think Spamby posted recently about how his o-rings on the pump or reservoir were leaky)

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Where does it sound like it is coming from. Inside under the dash or outside the car?

subieman

Outside the car towards the tires. Near the strut towers on each side only comes from the front. I actually had to change my o ring on pump the first winter I had the car.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
could it be the power steering pump whining? Might be time for a flush and checking some seals (i think Spamby posted recently about how his o-rings on the pump or reservoir were leaky)

Not me but I remember the post but can't for the life of me remember who posted it.